• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • navycrna

Smell My Face
    Feb 28, 2007
    howard county
    How, on God's Green Earth, can I join? I've sent several emails over the past two months, called and left messages... I haven't driven out there yet, but I'm having tremendous difficulting getting anyone to respond to my request for info on joining. :banghead:

i wouldn't even try contacting them anymore. I have talked to several people who shoot there. From what I understand you need to belong to an associated gun club first there is a list on there web site of the clubs that are associated with them. Once you join the club you then pay a fee (I think it is $150 a year) and get a patch that gives you access to shooting at the Marriottsville range.

xtreme43s10

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2007
    maryland, in Mont county
    yea my dad used to be a member up at izack walton in damacus and we used to shoot there all the time but stopped when me and my bro went threw college, and he let his membership expire :(, i have to be sponsored to join which isn't a problem, and go to there meetings and go threw all the stuff he did years ago but if i remeber correctly it's only about $100 ish a year and they have both a rifle and pistol range

Jmurman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2007
    Perry Hall
    How, on God's Green Earth, can I join? I've sent several emails over the past two months, called and left messages... I haven't driven out there yet, but I'm having tremendous difficulting getting anyone to respond to my request for info on joining. :banghead:

I did the very same thing, frustrating in that NO ONE will call you back after leaving messages or reply to emails.

pauln

WECSOG Alumnus
    Mar 2, 2007
    Harford Co.
    I think Dallastown might be close to me, what are the range requirements? and hours?

I'm probably going to Thurmont this weekend for a shotgun match and the following weekend I'll probably be going to the IWLA range in PA if you'd like to check out the facilities. I believe the ranges are open 8am to sunset, Mon. to Sat. and 9am to sunset on Sun.

pskryja

Apr 5, 2009
    Baltimore, MD
    Hap Baker is gone, and I never realized how much I'd miss it.

There's lots of "private clubs", but am having difficulty making contact to join. I'd like to join the "AGC" club, but can't get a response.

What would you like to know?? I have been a member there for several years and I would be glad to help.

K Train

PARATROOPER
    Jul 25, 2008
    FREEEEEE AT LAST!!!
    3923d1094252491-osnn-irc-channel-irc-freenode-net-holythreadresbatman.jpg

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    :sad20:
    Don't forget the Associated Gun Clubs range in Marriottsville. You have to belong to one of their clubs but they have about 25 or so member organizations. I'm a member of the MD Rifle Club, its thirty bucks a year to be a member and 150 for a range badge. A little pricey up front but for that you get a range that's open 363 days a year (except Christmas and New Years), has a ten point 200 yard range, a 100 point (seriously) 100 yard range, and a ten point 50 yard pistol range, as well as a trap range if that's your thing. When you compare what you spend on a bit-by-bit basis through the year at other ranges its a pretty good deal. Not to mention AGC is very active politically in defending our 2nd Amendment rights here in the People's Republic.

+1
    I am a member of the Homewood Rifle and Pistol Club. Great Club, no hassles.

ps: Need to remember to check thread dates:sad20:

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Hap Baker is gone?!? Where did it go?!? When did this happen?!?

That is what I thought and then checked the post dates and realized someone was digging up very old threads again.

I say the mods should pick five members who can flog, gently, the person who dug this thread up.

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    That is what I thought and then checked the post dates and realized someone was digging up very old threads again.

I say the mods should pick five members who can flog, gently, the person who dug this thread up.

Threads should have a poison pill that causes them to disappear from the forum server after a year or so.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Threads should have a poison pill that causes them to disappear from the forum server after a year or so.

They shouldn't disappear but maybe some form of auto lock should be applied if there are no new posts within a year. The older threads are part of the forum's history and many old threads have good info. They just shouldn't be brought back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom