• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Is this near Gold Coast Mall? My friend was Sydney Brown's accountant for that development and chauffeur at times, he owned GCM.

Had a Rolls Royce, and my friend always was laughing about all the chocolate bar wrappers he'd clean out of the car constantly.

Brown owned Clifton Terrace, fairly infamous slum lord. Was also a prosecutor at Nuremberg.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Glen Burnie still has theirs

Sent from my SM-T733 using Tapatalk
    Glen Burnie’s is newer but not the same as the Roses stores I grew up with. The Eastern Shore locations were from the original company and more traditional department stores which transitioned when the company sold in 1997 to a discount retailer chain out of NC. I remember shopping in Seaford, DE one as a kid.

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    I used to work for Woolworth, 1987-1992.
    They taught me how to be a merchant and a manager.
    How to roll the dice and make money, or crap out and eventually pay the price of failure.
    That was training that did me well in business life.

That was old retail. Other than a few small shops here and there, now it's all corporate where the manager has no input.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Is this near Gold Coast Mall? My friend was Sydney Brown's accountant for that development and chauffeur at times, he owned GCM.

Had a Rolls Royce, and my friend always was laughing about all the chocolate bar wrappers he'd clean out of the car constantly.

Brown owned Clifton Terrace, fairly infamous slum lord. Was also a prosecutor at Nuremberg.

94th St Plaza. The rear of the store abuts 99th St. GCM sits between 112th and Jamestown Way (116th block).

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I bought a grill from Roses when I lived on 89th street. It didn't make it through the summer. Either did the blow up pool we had or the plastic chairs we bought. We used to get groceries there back in '99. I'll miss it. They will probably build condos on the lot instead of different stores but that's the way it is.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    I bought a grill from Roses when I lived on 89th street. It didn't make it through the summer. Either did the blow up pool we had or the plastic chairs we bought. We used to get groceries there back in '99. I'll miss it. They will probably build condos on the lot instead of different stores but that's the way it is.
    or a Super WM.

Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    or a Super WM.
    The Walmart in West OC/Berlin during tourist season is avoided at all costs by my family members in Berlin. Roses was even worse. Off season is another matter and the land under it is worth more than the store.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    The Walmart in West OC/Berlin during tourist season is avoided at all costs by my family members in Berlin. Roses was even worse. Off season is another matter and the land under it is worth more than the store.
    My in laws live in Glen Riddle. I go to that Wal Mart quit a bit in the summer. Usually before 10am to get food or whatever. It's not that bad. The Food Lion in Berlin is ok to a degree.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    I used to like the gloss black spray paint from Roses.
    You could spray it right over beach sand in your wheel wells and collect some road tar from tar and chip pavement and be good till winter.
    I went by the Roses in Oc earlier today.
    Some new homes or rentals or whatever they are popping up on the bayside right nearby near Bering.
    Lots of no fishing signs at the end of Bering on the south side by that cove.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom