• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    Took my new Rossi 852 .38 spl revolver out for the first time yesterday. After putting around 20 or so rounds through it I noticed the rear site began to develop a clockwise twist to it which got a little worse as I finished out the box of 50. I tried adjusting the site and it still moved up/down and left/right but independant of the twist. Not sure if this is a potential warranty issue or just something I am doing wrong but I have never seen this happen before. Can you guys take a look at the photos below and give me your thoughts? Should I send this back to the manufacturer?

g724.jpg

m22c.jpg

dc89.jpg

yih3.jpg

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Does the screw on top adjust elevation? If not it may need to be tightened.

Please don't take this the wrong way but why is your finger on the trigger in the last photo?

3. ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shot.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    Does the screw on top adjust elevation? If not it may need to be tightened.

Please don't take this the wrong way but why is your finger on the trigger in the last photo?

The screw on the top is for elevation. I did adjust this up and down to check that. It had no effect on the listing of the sight.

Good point on the finger - my bad. I know better, good catch! I was just holding it for the picture, but that's no excuse :sad20:

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Can you post a pic from the top of the pistol looking down at the sight?

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Remove the rear sight assembly from the gun. I assume two screws hold it on. That way it's much easier to inspect for defects and looseness. There might be a bunch of crud between the sight and frame (or screwhead and sight) that's canting the sight as the crud works its way around during recoil. Worst case is the sight assembly is bad, in which case call Rossi and ask them to send you a new sight assembly. There should be no need to return the gun to Rossi (Taurus). That assembly probably costs them no more than $10 to make.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom