• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zeddm91/30

Oct 11, 2009
    Reliance MD
    I have a stock ruger 10/22 with a fixed 4x scope and a bi pod. i want to make it as accurate as possible but cash is limited. I want to keep the cost to around 250$ any suggestions would be a big help.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Send the barrel out to have it set back and have a match chamber cut in it. This runs about 80$. Then get a good trigger job. Lots of good info on these mods at rimfirecentral.com

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    The cheapest way to do it is send the factory barrel out to Nemo, or one of the other guys over at Rimfirecentral.com that sets back and rechambers 10/22 barrels.

If you're looking for a more off-the-shelf solution, swap out the barrel for one of the many aftermarket offerings. Most are heavy (.92") profile, so you'll also need to replace the stock, which frankly is a good idea anyway unless you're trying to build a "stealth" gun.

Lastly, get a Volquartsen hammer to lighten up the factory trigger. You can spend more $ here with fancier solutions, but that will get you started.

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    Is the hammer hard to install?

Pretty simple: remove the trigger group, push out a couple of pins and put in the new parts.

You need to be aware of the difference between a 10/22 with the plastic trigger group and the older metal ones. The factory hammer found in the older metal trigger group comes with two bushes that are required if you swap in a Volquartsen hammer. If you have a 10/22 with the plastic trigger group, the hammer doesn't have the required buses, so you must get some before you can install the Volquartsen hammer. Its a minor point, but might save some frustration later.

rimfirecentral.com is the source for 10/22 upgrade info. Lots to read and helpful people if you have Q's.

Scottysan

Ultimate Member
    May 19, 2008
    Maryland
    i tried to start an account at rimfirecentral.com but it says they dont accept people with free email accounts

I had that too, and I usually don't let my home email out on those types of sites either. But I did it, and I haven't had any spam or anything from them, other than to confirm my account for setup.

it's a great site!

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    i tried to start an account at rimfirecentral.com but it says they dont accept people with free email accounts

Who do you use for internet access? Comcast allows for multiple email accounts. I think either five or seven. Not sure what Verizon allows. If you use one of these services, create another account. I did that with Comcast. I don't care if that account gets nailed with spam. I nuke everything there except for emails from the gun boards.

Edward78

Apr 4, 2009
    Newburg, MD SoMd
    Like the other guys are saying send your Barrel out to Nemo or CPC. I get all my work done through CPC you can send them your whole gun and they can do the trigger work barrel chamber and set back and some bolt work for $189 website is bellow with more detail they are very good.

http://www.ct-precision.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom