• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocAitch

Jun 22, 2011
    North of Baltimore
    Majestic Take Down Kits

I have installed 2 of these kits on Mark IIs.
    I am also not a gunsmith and on one I had to use fine sand paper to take the through bolt down a smidge at a time to get it to clock properly with the flat face forward.
    I find the device handy for a quick clean and it alleviates my concern that repeated take down and reassembly would cause wear on the joint between upper and lower assembly. All in all, I consider this kit to be a good investment for that reason alone.
    DocAitch

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Anyone have any experience with the Ruger Charger? I had been considering getting one due to taking the Ruger 10/22 mags. As good as a 10/22 I assume?

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    Anyone have any experience with the Ruger Charger? I had been considering getting one due to takin.g the Ruger 10/22 mags. As good as a 10/22 I assume?

I keep seeing those advertised, but haven't looked into one yet, looks like just a 10/22 with a short barrel to me.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I keep seeing those advertised, but haven't looked into one yet, looks like just a 10/22 with a short barrel to me.

Yeah, I was "thinking" of getting one, one day since it uses the same 10/22 mags and such. How hard is it to change a barrel on a Ruger 10/22? I see the spare barrels everywhere, so it must be fairly simple, right?

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    I have installed 2 of these kits on Mark IIs.
    I am also not a gunsmith and on one I had to use fine sand paper to take the through bolt down a smidge at a time to get it to clock properly with the flat face forward.
    I find the device handy for a quick clean and it alleviates my concern that repeated take down and reassembly would cause wear on the joint between upper and lower assembly. All in all, I consider this kit to be a good investment for that reason alone.
    DocAitch

It is good for quick cleanings during bulls-eye relays (depending on how much time you have).

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    I never realized how much trouble people had with these. I will admit to some issues my first time taking a MKII apart (actually, putting it back together), but once you note that the hammer rod (not sure the technical name) needs to be seated in the main spring housing, I never had an issue again for either of my MKIIs. Takes about 15 second to take them apart without tools, and the same to put them together.

I'm about to take delivery of a MKIII 22/45 so I will see if that experience remains the same.

lseries

Dec 11, 2011
    I never realized how much trouble people had with these.

<rant>
    This gun is accurate, but, for all the reasons mentioned in this thread, I absolutely HATE it and will never buy another Ruger product. I think their engineers are too stupid to feel pain. Anyone who designs something like this has to be. A great example of why China and Japan are eating our lunch, IMHO.
    </rant>

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom