• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bruins2011

Jan 23, 2012
    Anyone have a Mark 2 with a Pac-Lite barrel? I'm intereted in picking up a Mark 2 and adding the pac lite barrel but want to have some input on how they run before spending the dough

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    I have one and I do like it for use with my suppressor, but it requires a good cleaning every single time you shoot it or it will have reliability issues. They can rattle a little if you don't fit them to the frame and if you have a quick take down pin they don't really work well in the Pac Lite. That being said I really like mine, but hang on to your original barrel for a while in case you change your mind.

ravens52

Mar 8, 2011
    Millersville, MD
    I got one for my daughter to lighten the gun (it had a bull barel). Great product; the gun is much lighter, well balanced and shoots great. I got the threaded barrel to host a future supressor. Only problem is that the barrel on the Ruger is the registered part of the gun so you have to do the pistol paperwork again. I don't think you can go wrong with anything Tatical Soultions offers.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    I have one, the upper does improve the accuracy some and lighten the overall weight.
    I'm not sure I would do it again though. I'm curious what you want to achieve with this.
    Buying a MKII used, and the upper will cost a minimum of $600. Then you will still have
    a mediocre trigger and therefore mediocre accuracy. I say this because I have done it.

goneshootin88

Sep 22, 2009
    MOCO
    I love mine. I have the Pac-lite on a MKII 22/45. It is very reliable and super light. I basically only run it with my Sparrow attached now.

Attachments

• paclite.jpg
      paclite.jpg
      49.1 KB · Views: 389

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    My Mark II will be 16 years old at the end o fthe week, I just put the Pac-Lite upper on it last fall. I did because my daughter had a hard time with the weight. Mine runs like a dream, haven't had an issue with it. I am using CCI AR Tactical .22 ammo it's supposed to be cleaner and I haven't had a FTF or FTE yet. Disregard the other items in the photo, I just added those Hogue Grips and the mag extensions so that's why there in the pic. I caught mine on sale at Midway for $275 and had it transfered to Estate Brokers of MD whose is an IP here. I love it and added the compensator cause it looked cool and I could afford it. I won a Super Soaker match at Freestate shooting this set up the first time I shot there.
    Pac Lite.jpg

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    the barrels are more than I paid for the whole gun:sad20:

Yes mine was as well, I paid $219 for the gun back in 1996 and $275 for the barrel in 2011, it does make a huge difference weight wise. I can hit an 8" round steel plate at 100 yards with my original factory barrel and have not tried it yet with the Pac-Lite but as of right now there is know difference in accuracy with the Pac-Lite. I like mine for the weight difference the most, and yes I could have had another pistol for what I paid for it but like I said this is the most accurate shooting pistol that I own, I don't miss with it. If you can afford to do it go ahead if you can't don't worry the factory barrels are very good as well.

Last edited:

Bruins2011

Jan 23, 2012
    Hey jr88,

I'm looking for a 22 to plink with that serves as a good host for a Sparrow ss.

I have one, the upper does improve the accuracy some and lighten the overall weight.
    I'm not sure I would do it again though. I'm curious what you want to achieve with this.
    Buying a MKII used, and the upper will cost a minimum of $600. Then you will still have
    a mediocre trigger and therefore mediocre accuracy. I say this because I have done it.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    Hey jr88,

I'm looking for a 22 to plink with that serves as a good host for a Sparrow ss.

First let me say, I think Ruger MK series 22's are the best value 22's ever made.
    To get more accuracy you have to spend at least double. I think everyone should own one. Tac-Sol makes a great product also, no complaints. The problem is with a Ruger , the upper is serialized. So it costs 289+FFL+Lock+shipping= $$$, to change it out. If the goal is to make a Bullseye gun, you still won't have one. If you just wanted a threaded barrel then you would be over spending.
    Ruger makes a 22/45 that comes in bull barrel, factory threaded. They are great reliable shooters for around $300. If your set on the mark II, which I think is the best model they made, then I would look for a nice used one and as Chad said get the barrel threaded, still much cheaper.
    Then if suppressed is your main interest, I am sure plenty folks here have experience on other 22 pistols they use as host guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom