• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CDR

Honor,Courage,Commitment
    Mar 4, 2012
    Frederick County
    I just bought a new Ruger Mark III Stardard 6.

I was looking for CCI Mini Mag ammo and surprised I couldn't find it at a decent price. Found some nice prices on CCI Tactical rounds in 22LR.

Have any of you used the CCI Tactical in your Handguns? Any concerns?

I know CCI is great stuff, just curious.

Let me know.

Thanks,

CDR

CroftonBilly

Huge Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2011
    Crofton
    I shot 30 rounds of the CCI Tactical through my Mark III the other day without issue. I'll use it at the next bowling pin shoot at AGC in 2 weeks.

Same stuff worked fine in my 10/22 and GSG-5.

I only ran CCI MiniMags prior to trying the CCI Tactical (CCI snob I suppose). The nose of the Tactical is slightly more rounded than the Mini Mag. They're just as waxy as the Mini Mags.

Seems like a good economical choice for the same quality rounds.

CDR

Honor,Courage,Commitment
    Mar 4, 2012
    Frederick County
    Mooseman,

I don't know exactly where you are in Western Maryland, but a Ruger Mark III Standard shouldn't be that hard to find? If you are looking for the Target, Fluted, Hunter models........I can understand.

I go a good buy on mine from Gunrunners in Frederick. Mine is the Standard 6 inch model.

I also just bought a Talo Mark III 60th Anniversary edition in the Target model with gold inlay.

CDR

CDR

Honor,Courage,Commitment
    Mar 4, 2012
    Frederick County
    gmhowell,

I agree that Wally World carries it, but every time I look on the shelves the Mini-Mag 22LR is gone.

I bought a buch of the CCI Tactical but haven't tried it yet. I may have to get some Mini-Mag from Natchez.

CDR

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    CDR, I am in Cumberland and a Mark III Standard is what I am looking for. Ruger is overwhelmed right now and not accepting orders. I am in no rush, but I want one.

Trekker

Oct 20, 2011
    Harford County
    CDR, I am in Cumberland and a Mark III Standard is what I am looking for. Ruger is overwhelmed right now and not accepting orders. I am in no rush, but I want one.

Ruger might not be accepting orders right now, but if you work with a good gun shop you can still get what you're after. I wanted a Ruger Mk. III competition model (for which there were often not even a single one on Gun Broker), but after talking with Gun Connection they were able to get one in after a couple weeks of watching.

Congrats...now the question is can you disassemble and reassemble it?:innocent0 and
    :needpics:

As long as I have a paperclip, yes I can. A lot of the credit for being able to disassemble and reassemble goes to Gun Connection. After I picked up my Mk. III I was shown how to take it apart, and given the complimentary paperclip. The two spare magazines are thanks to the $40 Brownells certificate from GearHog I heard of on the forum here.

Attachments

• 100_4197.jpg
      100_4197.jpg
      100 KB · Views: 99

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads