• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chenny

Sep 19, 2013
    Ex-PD Ruger PC-9. Great little gun and due to its limited production and relatively non-threatening looks, it isn't on the banned list in most states. Its like a beefed up 10/22 in 9mm. Forgive my poor photo taking skills.

Attachments

• DSCF0063.jpg
      DSCF0063.jpg
      69.8 KB · Views: 139

chenny

Sep 19, 2013
    Early model "ghost ring" site. The trigger has got a lot of creep on these.
    (Dime is to cover serial number)

Attachments

• DSCF0065.jpg
      DSCF0065.jpg
      60.2 KB · Views: 126

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Beefed up 10-22 or a beefed down Mini 14.

I'd be interested in one but the ones I've seen have been out of my price range at the time.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I like them, wish I could have afforded one when they were still being made. It definitely has the look of a 10/22 action versus the mini Garand look of the Mini-14.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    I had a Police Carbine in .40 and stupidly gave it to a family member due to the scarcity of magazines.

I miss that gun. Shot hogs, squirrels, rabbits, pine cones, and countless other things around my old camp ground with that carbine. Darn accurate, and a breeze to clean once you get the hang of the way the bolt goes in and out of the gun with the counterweighted bit up front.

Never had an issue with that gun, not one failure of any kind. If I could find a stainless one I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

that rifle amazed me with what a .40 could take down out of a longer barrel.

chenny

Sep 19, 2013
    I had a Police Carbine in .40 and stupidly gave it to a family member due to the scarcity of magazines.

I miss that gun. Shot hogs, squirrels, rabbits, pine cones, and countless other things around my old camp ground with that carbine. Darn accurate, and a breeze to clean once you get the hang of the way the bolt goes in and out of the gun with the counterweighted bit up front.

Never had an issue with that gun, not one failure of any kind. If I could find a stainless one I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

that rifle amazed me with what a .40 could take down out of a longer barrel.

Was there a stainless version?

Apparently, the theory was a patrolman could carry a Ruger pistol on his belt and have the PC carbine at the ready in his cruiser in case he needed the extra fire power. The longer barrel increased the efficacy of the pistol caliber bullet.

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    Nice. I have one with the later style ghost ring rear. I like it. It's definitely not a precision instrument but it's solid, like most Rugers.
    I've thought about putting a red dot on it.

aquashooter

Apr 17, 2013
    Monkey Co
    It's my second favorite weapon. First is an S&W 686. I carried a 9 at work so that every time I went to Richland Shooters Supply, I would pick up a couple of cases of ammo. Back then it worked out to $6.50 a box. I had so much 9 in the 90s, I picked up a PC 9 just for plinking. I put a red dot on it and I can shoot it on the pistol range when I take my hand guns. I use factory 10 or 15 rnd mags. I tried some after market mags and they wouldn't feed properly. It really shoots sweet and makes a nice home defense weapon if you don't need range. When not at the range, I keep Federal Hydroshocks in it (department issue).

PGTMG

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2010
    I had a 9mm even said Police on it had Ghost ring sights but I sold it. I remember it was on the heavy side. I had 20 round mags that worked great in it. I think I still have one or both of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom