• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CAS_Shooter

Jan 24, 2012
    Went to the range today. Took a full Winchester 333 Value Pack. Shot the entire box. Not one FTL, FTF, or FTE. The gun is accurate, reliable, fun, fits in my hand perfectly. I just could not be more pleased with this 22. I know there are other good 22 semi autos out there, but I have not experience a more reliable one. It makes shooting so enjoyable when you aren't dealing with issues and all you have to do is go bang, bang, bang.

Dec 31, 2012
    Mine has been great except a sticky slide lock/release switch. I may have broken the switch hold down spring. Soaking it in cleaner as we speak.
    Well past 6K rounds through it and all around pleased.
    Also sure Ruger will fix the switch if the spring did break.

edit:
    I'll add that I've been very lax about cleaning this gun despite firing every cheap piece of bulk I can get my hands on.
    I've gone as long as 1500 rounds between cleanings.
    I lost count of rounds since the last time it was cleaned.

AlpineDude67

Feb 17, 2013
    I got one recently too, I agree with all of that. It is fun to shoot and very reliable. Definitely more accurate than I am.

I like the size of it too, big enough that it is possible to shoot accurately at normal pistol distances, but also small enough that it will really test your skills as you reach out a bit. I don't particularly care for the DA trigger pull. But the DA trigger is about the only thing I don't like about it and that is easily resolved by just racking the slide.

It is really easy to clean, it is really no big deal to clean it after each range trip, so I have no idea how long it can go between cleanings.

AlpineDude67

Feb 17, 2013
    Yeah. Public safety sure is enhanced by me not having a .22 pistol for two months. Sheesh.

It is scary and black. It even has a rail so you can put a bipod on it! :D That's a COMBAT accessory! Because it is black...and umm...even more scary.

Think of the children for God's Sake!

CAS_Shooter

Jan 24, 2012
    But it doesn't have the thingy that goes up!

But it does have a grip with grooves and the grip is black. additionally, after you fire it, the gun will automatically eject that round and automatically load another one very, very fast. You need only then pull the trigger again for that round to also fire.

Dec 31, 2012
    I got one recently too, I agree with all of that. It is fun to shoot and very reliable. Definitely more accurate than I am.

I like the size of it too, big enough that it is possible to shoot accurately at normal pistol distances, but also small enough that it will really test your skills as you reach out a bit. I don't particularly care for the DA trigger pull. But the DA trigger is about the only thing I don't like about it and that is easily resolved by just racking the slide.

It is really easy to clean, it is really no big deal to clean it after each range trip, so I have no idea how long it can go between cleanings.

It is very easy to take down and clean but I've been letting it accumulate dirt in every crack just to push it to the limit of 'trail gun' use. It has been extremely reliable even when filthy. Tuck it in a pocket for a hike and forget about it. Out of state obviously.
    My wife has one now as well. Only a few hundred rounds through hers.

Scot

Jun 27, 2012
    Sykesville
    Mine has been waiting for mine since April 3rd....I am more than ready to blow through all of the .22 I have been hoarding...

wcm250f

May 13, 2013
    It is very easy to take down and clean but I've been letting it accumulate dirt in every crack just to push it to the limit of 'trail gun' use. It has been extremely reliable even when filthy. Tuck it in a pocket for a hike and forget about it. Out of state obviously.
    My wife has one now as well. Only a few hundred rounds through hers.

You mentioned out of state? Don't mean to jump topics. But where can a MD resident take a pistol camping on another state and be ok?

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    Love mine. Have around 500 rounds through it without a single hick up.

Seriously thinking about getting a threaded barrel and a can for it.

Dec 31, 2012
    I would like to buy an SR22. Anybody have any leads?

one's on my list. I just need to find one.

I'm at work and can't actually look at the sites in question but I've seen them on Kentuck Gun Co and Sportsman Outdoor Superstore more often than other places. I've had good luck on both of those sites in the last few months for harder to find items. Actually did get my wife's SR22 from one of them.

Also had seen one at The Gun Shop but that was about a month ago so no doubt it is gone.

L8agin

Apr 2, 2013
    Damascus
    Like a lot of you guys, mine is sitting with my ffl, waiting for msp....

I picked mine up from gunbroker a couple months ago. Try looking there, there are deals to be had if you're patient and/or lucky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom