Votes: 29 85.3%
    • Power Base

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    So I'm pretty sure I'm gonna run for office as a DINO. Where should I go for the most effect? Take an easy district where the incumbent is weak or hit them in one of their "power" bases such as Balt Co or PG Co.

Bagpiperer

Mar 23, 2013
    Baltimore County may be in play, especially given that they will have to explain why they voted against the amendment eliminating diminution of sentences for gun-toting criminals. Given that, bringing up the shooting at the Lutherville Light Rail station would be a good wedge for voters in the 42nd.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Easy might be best. Get in there and get some name recognition. You're going to be the "new/young/no experience guy" so if you go after anybody strong, the voters might go the "safe" route and vote the name they know.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I think Teratos should be your campaign manager. With his hair, no one will be able to argue with him.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Easy might be best. Get in there and get some name recognition. You're going to be the "new/young/no experience guy" so if you go after anybody strong, the voters might go the "safe" route and vote the name they know.

Here's the trick Frosh and his fellow dems used in MoCo when he was starting out, and the MoCo dems often use: Get a slate of 2 or 3 together, running for different offices in same district. One yard sign with 3 names, shared expenses, shared name recognition and built-in endorsement of each other. Force multiplier.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    He'll be running as a Democrat.

You must live in the area for 6 months. I would say actually live since I'm sure you'll be investigated.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Remember there are two (at least ) stratagies to help the cause.

1. Actually winning
    2. Know you can't actually win , but pull good enough numbers that the Incumbent has to expend time and money to deal with you. Force him(her) to openly debate the issue so they either come out of the closet as full blown anti , OR have to move their statements to the middle to cut off your support.

AND , this is about bottom line priority of removing incumbents. If you are running #3 , and there is a creditable #2 who might be able to win , withdraw , and pledge your support to the #2 . The goal is not to be the First Looser, but to take out Incumbents no matter what.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    So I'm pretty sure I'm gonna run for office as a DINO. Where should I go for the most effect? Take an easy district where the incumbent is weak or hit them in one of their "power" bases such as Balt Co or PG Co.

Did Taneytown get caught up in the redistricting? If you decide to run as a DINO, PM me. I don't have a lot of spare cash flow (kids and O'Malley's taxes), but I'll help in any way I can!

Shinny

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    This is MD. If you're a democrat, you can do what you want and not have to live in your district :innocent0

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Did Taneytown get caught up in the redistricting? If you decide to run as a DINO, PM me. I don't have a lot of spare cash flow (kids and O'Malley's taxes), but I'll help in any way I can!

Not sure. When I first registered to vote I was in District 5 as my card said.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Mopar - I met you at the Westminster town hall, we were let in after standing outside and they called our names together. PM me if you want to talk about running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom