Russian Mosin 91/30 Rifles w/ Matching Bayonet Hex Receivers in Stock!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Dog O

We haven't seen any Russian Mosins imported over the last 2 years. The few that have trickled in have come from the Ukraine and have all been war guns (1941-1945). Big Dog Outfitters was been able to acquire over 60 newly imported Tula Hex guns all dated pre-1928. Each Rifle will include a bayonet with a serial number matching the Rifle. This was rarely seen in the earlier large shipments. All the Rifles are packed and covered in heavy cosmoline. Our staff is slowly unpacking and cleaning as time allows. Most appear to be Tula "CCCP" pre-1928 Soviet M91 though there are other markings. Most also have the tula hammer stamp or soviet crest on the top of the hex receiver. Each went through the 1950's Russian Re-Arsenal program. All of them are rated as Very Good condition to Excellent. Importer is Century Arms.

Price is $359.99. As we clean these we will start putting them up on Gunbroker. Online we are starting our bids at this price but they usually bid out higher based off other completed auctions. If you are willing to take a chance on one sight unseen we can lower the price to $319.99. Your gun will however look like an elephant sneezed on it due to the copious amounts of cosmoline these are packaged in.

We can ship these to your FFL or C&R for $25, or they can be purchased in the store.

We also received 10 Izhevsk hex guns.

psoyring

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2010
    Brunswick MD
    and they will sell.....

At roughly $100 over retail for the sight unseen version, I don't think so. Let's face facts, these things are still being stored in containers by the hundreds for the day when the imports dried up, but a glut of them on the secondary market along with softening markets for collectables make this unlikely IMO.
    I bought a lot of this stuff over the years since I liked it but I realize that the appreciation will not match that in the past for three reasons.
    1. Wages now are stagnant or even dropping
    2. The student loan debt crisis has priced the younger generation out of the market, even if they wanted to collect.
    3. Health care costs are rising rapidly

Some will sell but I predict few. Ten years ago I could have gotten $175K for my house, now when I search for homes I can buy a place same size fully refurbished for $110K, and half of the listings in my city are foreclosures. Despite the line you are fed from the nightly news, things ain't so good out there ...

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Purely hypothetical (as if I was Big dogs)...

I am a vendor who has sold a decent amount of Mosins in the past and I have customers that keep asking for more mosins. I cant get any more as all the importers cant find any.

Fast forward to this week, I am offered a somewhat small lot of mosins for 280-300 each. Do I buy them to sell them to my customers? Or do I pass?

Strictly from a retail standpoint?

We are looking at him as he is asking to much, but we have no idea how much he got them for. He took a gamble to purchase them at a higher price with the hopes people will still buy. I don't fault him.

FWIW... My .03

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Purely hypothetical (as if I was Big dogs)...

I am a vendor who has sold a decent amount of Mosins in the past and I have customers that keep asking for more mosins. I cant get any more as all the importers cant find any.

Fast forward to this week, I am offered a somewhat small lot of mosins for 280-300 each. Do I buy them to sell them to my customers? Or do I pass?

Strictly from a retail standpoint?

We are looking at him as he is asking to much, but we have no idea how much he got them for. He took a gamble to purchase them at a higher price with the hopes people will still buy. I don't fault him.

FWIW... My .03

These are still readily available and $250 or less.

26b8e2b012a96e0445e61b74ce4eebf5.jpg

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    290 + HS fee + shipping+ transfer fee (if needed)

Add it all together and you are close to BD outfitters price if not more!

SOG's prices are stupid too. I'm just pointing out that they are still available. You know as well as me that you can find these 91/30s all day on Gunboards and Facebook for less than $250.

One day these will command $400 but today ain't that day.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    I got what your are saying, but my scenario is based on what the vendor got them for not that he is trying to take advantage of MDS members. Should he have passed on them when he has customers that are requesting them?

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    I'm not going to be hating on him. If he can charge that much and someone will pay for it, good on him. It won't be me paying it, but hopefully someone will or he will be sitting on them a while.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Who'da thunk it! Hex Mosins for $350.

I saw this coming when I passed on Classic's Nagant M1895 revolvers back in 2013 for $99.

I just wish I had backed up the truck when AIM was selling their Mosins for $89 in November 2014. I don't even like bolt action rifles, but I bought a couple just because.

So yeah, gold isn't $200/oz anymore and Mosin rifles aren't $100 anymore.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    I got what your are saying, but my scenario is based on what the vendor got them for not that he is trying to take advantage of MDS members. Should he have passed on them when he has customers that are requesting them?

I'm not hating on BD at all - just being real. If he can sell them for $350, by all means he should but I think he'll be sitting on them for a long time at that price. Even the noobs on Facebook wouldn't pay $350.

I sure with I had bought these by the crate 2 years ago when they were $119 each.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    I don't think this forum is the right place to be posting for sale adverts. This is a discussion forum. Maybe the "you're on crack" was a little harsh, but prices are fair game here. In this forum, we help each other out with prices, condition, originality, etc., and this post is no different.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    I don't think this post went in a direction that constructive towards his sale price, but whatever. Prolly the last time he posts in here notifying us of a new product now. :(

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    I don't think this post went in a direction that constructive towards his sale price, but whatever. Prolly the last time he posts in here notifying us of a new product now. :(

That would be foolish of him. Live and learn, adjust your practices to reality and make money by letting people know what you've got at competitive prices. I'm sorry - but no one should pay $350 for a refurbished 91/30. That's Finn capture prices there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom