Russian Mosin 91/30 Rifles w/ Matching Bayonet Hex Receivers in Stock!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    last I checked he can charge whatever he wants, you don't have to buy them. only time will tell if he sells them all at this price. chances are they will sell. I've been here on numerous occasions, and his prices are not basement prices, nor offensively high. what I do know is this shop has a great selection of handgun magazines, and a good selection of firearms at reasonable prices and is very friendly and accommodating to us poor saps who live in MD, especially when buying a handgun.

But, you also won't find me rushing over the not so nice bridge to buy half a crate of these. i get $100 mosins are gone (for now). so are 1 dollar shakes, 10 dollar steaks, and 1 dollar pack of smokes. inflation meets supply and demand. you don't like the price, don't buy it, make an offer for a price you are willing to pay, the worst that can happen is he says no.

Mitch5690

Feb 1, 2016
    Southern york Pa
    In all fairness this is a record high on 91/30s. People paying that much more for a hex really arent advanced collectors. When you can buy M91s, M27s and other models for the same price its blatent price gouging. Followed by a you wont find anymore! This is the last of them! Last chance! Just looking for fools at this point....

psoyring

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2010
    Brunswick MD
    A crate full of Tula hexes means the crate was put together stateside by an importer from other crates so anything really rare has already been taken out.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I am going to chime in here.
    I like b.D. a lot they have outstanding customer service and the fact they have taken time to know MD stupid gun laws and even partner with a ffl in white planes so MD customer can buy guns is great for us and them. We should try and give them business. A store front does cost more to operate. I do expect to pay a little more when shopping at big dogs. But some of the things they have priced is way higher then should be. I have looked at ammo there and it was high then went to the Walmart and same ammo was lot less, so I buy at Walmart. Only because I have to watch. My bottom line. If they drop the prices to be little more competive then I would buy all my ammo from them, but until then I have to watch my wallet. As for the mosins the only thing they really have going for them is the matching SN bayonets. That is not easy to find and should command a slightly higher price but not as high as they are asking. But they are free to ask what they want for them and I am sure they will sell them at that price, just not to me.
    I don't feel like most of the people are really hating just giving constrictive critisum of the prices and showing what his customers are willing to pay.
    No one here knows what big dog paid for the rifles or when they really got them, but if they bought them at what was full retail price and then try sell them at a price that so they can make money then that isn't good business practices. even if customers have been asking for them because the prices get to high for average person to buy them.
    I truly hope big dogs takes a look at the critisum here and understand we are trying to help them and not hate on them. most of us really like them and want them to have a truly successful business. They are growing and now have a gunsmith on staff and that is great. But please don't price your self out of business.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Man, you guys dog pile on a paying IP for selling under MSP (by $40). But nothing is said about a non paying "vender" who also sells high as hell in the classifieds.

Get your 03 FFL an buy at dealer cost ($289 ish).

If you don't like an IP's price just don't buy from them. Biting the hand that feeds you is DUMB

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Man, you guys dog pile on a paying IP for selling under MSP (by $40). But nothing is said about a non paying "vender" who also sells high as hell in the classifieds.

Get your 03 FFL an buy at dealer cost ($289 ish).

If you don't like an IP's price just don't buy from them. Biting the hand that feeds you is DUMB

I believe the main issue is they advertised in the C&R forum and not in their own (which comes with IP status). This makes it, "open season" for commenting.

I doubt they would receive this kind of negative pushback in their own forum as most of our members, while enjoying the good dog pile, do have etiquette :D

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    agreed.

Just people in here saying a specific IP's product is to "expensive" is not conducive to their business or them wanting to be an IP here, and to pay sponsor fees so "WE" as MDS members can have a forum.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    That is pretty close to the asking price at the Frederick Show today, hell I thought they were overpriced when I was buying them for 59 bucks.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Not sure I understand why prices have gone up on mosins when the surplus ammo has gone way up too.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I have an all marching hex Tula with laminate stock and matching bayonet. If I could get $400 for it, I'd sell it in a second

B1605E95-465C-4D0F-A6EF-A407CEE4BAB6_zpsi3pkj8vx.png
    [/URL][/IMG]

psoyring

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2010
    Brunswick MD
    Just attended a show in Beckley WV a couple of weeks back, refurbed round receivers priced at $175, both Tula and Izhevsk and not selling.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Don't like it? Don't buy it. It's that simple. But the fact is that a lot of newer collectors got into the market after all the readily-available hex Mosins were gone. I think they'll get their price for them on GB if they don't post too many at once.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Something tells me the closer we get to the election of Hilldebeast, he'll probably sell ALL of those Mosins for what he's asking...maybe more. During the 2012 election, the few gun shops I visited you were lucky to find any type of repeating rifle whether it be bolt, semi, pump, or lever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom