• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    If I would've included Militec, I think Chad would've come over to my house and peed on that plate... :D

After hearing so many bad things about Militec, I don't even own any.

Thanks for the additional links K31, my findings were pretty much identical and those guys did a better job photographing them than I did. I really wish I'd taken more photos over the first couple of days as the differences between them were most apparent early on.

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    If I would've included Militec, I think Chad would've come over to my house and peed on that plate... :D

After hearing so many bad things about Militec, I don't even own any.

Thanks for the additional links K31, my findings were pretty much identical and those guys did a better job photographing them than I did. I really wish I'd taken more photos over the first couple of days as the differences between them were most apparent early on.

I don't doubt Chad, but I've had good luck with Militec. At least as far as the anti-corrosion properties go.
    It's what we use on our issued firearms, rifles and handguns, and being out in all kinds of weather, rain, snow, etc., with the firearms exposed to the elements, I've never had any rust on them.
    I don't think it's the "end all" in corrosion resistance, but it's worked for me.

scattergun6

Jan 14, 2011
    Excellent information - thanks for taking the time and effort to conduct this test.The Army instilled in me a reliance on BreakFree CLP...I see now by the results of your test it was warranted.
    :thumbsup:

oldman12

Ultimate Member
    Sep 19, 2010
    "Merrica" Eastern Camp
    I had bought some of the Militec 1 Grease,seems to stay where you put it, After cleaning with Hoppes #9 and Break free,i always coat with Hoppes oil.

I have decide after I am finished with The Hoppes oil i'm going with a synthetic motor oil.

Thanks Rob Cubed for your time and effort.

Crxflippr

Foolish Mortal
    Oct 23, 2008
    Frederick
    Good test, but pictures 5 and 6 make me wonder if the 2 weeks of hanging somehow altered how the applicants sat on the sheets. Notice how the rust gets heavier as the you travel down the sheet. Also the weird pattern that developed on wipeout was confusing. If you try this again, I would recommend hanging the sheet from both ends so it lies horizontal and all treatments are treated equally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom