• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I've read the bill, I know what's in it. Diane Feinstein's "Assault Weapons Ban of 2013, S.150" does indeed exclude "More than 2,200 legitimate hunting and sporting rifles by specific make and model." Only 33 of those are semi-automatic centerfire rifles, and most are variations of the same model. But don't fear, you can buy this "excluded" rifle for your daughter:
    images

BTW, stripped lowers are considered "assault weapons" and are prohibited.

Link to S.150 on her page: Assault Weapons Ban of 2013 (fixed link)

The bill text is not up on Thomas yet.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    I don't know why this thread has gotten cold.
    TURN UP THE HEAT.
    I know we are all tired from calling our Md reps, but don't forget what is going on at the national level.
    The House version of this turd is H.R.437

Don't forget to look up your reps and let them know how you feel. http://mdelect.net

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Exactly why i care. Not to worried about MD. I mean im curious but its not my concern anymore.

It should be your concern... Every brick that is removed from the wall of freedom is one more brick closer to tearing it down. You wouldn't be fighting for "us" you will be fighting for ALL concerned.
    Every state matters.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    It should be your concern... Every brick that is removed from the wall of freedom is one more brick closer to tearing it down. You wouldn't be fighting for "us" you will be fighting for ALL concerned.
    Every state matters.

I continue to fight, but i cant take anymore of this state.

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    This seems to call out rifles by name AND not only features, but the potential to accept features.

Most concerning is on page 13, "pistol grip", and how that could be construed to include the monte carlo stock.

Suddenly any hunting rifle, Sorry "High-powered Sniper Rifle", that accepts a box-mag is now a banned weapon.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    This seems to call out rifles by name AND not only features, but the potential to accept features.

Most concerning is on page 13, "pistol grip", and how that could be construed to include the monte carlo stock.

Suddenly any hunting rifle, Sorry "High-powered Sniper Rifle", that accepts a box-mag is now a banned weapon.

No matter how they word their lies... They are interested in only one thing. TOTAL BAN AND CONFISCATION OF ALL FIREARMS. Each new rule is merely another step toward that goal. :mad54:

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    i thought feinsteins bill was defacto dead. shumer cant even get a R to sign on to his. Feinsteins is political theatre and wont get past a senate filibuster or the house. I read even Reid wont vote for it. Shumer's would have to be extremely watered down just to get through the senate and more so in the house. they may have to pass "something" to show they care about the C H I L D R E N and save face, but pretty sure this is dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom