S&W "CLASSIC" BLUE REVOLVERS AVAILABLE...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mdgunguy

Owner: Busted Knuckle Guns, Centreville
    Industry Partner
    Mar 11, 2023
    Centreville
    DSC_0022.jpeg
    DSC_0024.jpeg
    DSC_0025.jpeg
    DSC_0019.jpeg
    DSC_0015.jpeg
    We have a number of SMITH & WESSON REVOLVERS available in our inventory, including these "CLASSIC" blue wheelguns......
    * MODEL 10, 4-inch/$799.95
    * MODEL 17, 6-inch/$1039.95
    * MODEL 27, 4-inch/$1079.95
    * MODEL 29, 4-inch/$1069.95
    * MODEL 586, 6-inch/899.95 (shown in pix)
    * MODEL 36, 2-inch/$789.95 (shown in pix)

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    I don’t know why, but modern S&W revolvers, have the absolute worst blueing. It’s really disgraceful to have a beautiful 586 look like it’s been dragged through a dirt road. I’m sorry OP. I don’t mean yours, specifically. My 586 is very disappointing to me.
    IMG_9637.jpeg

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Again , no reflection on Mdgunguy , this is more a commentary on modern iteration S&W .

Yes , it's a Good Thing that they are responding in some form to the demand for classic gun . That said , of those , there is ONE of them that is a good value relative to an Original.

Mdgunguy

Owner: Busted Knuckle Guns, Centreville
    Industry Partner
    Mar 11, 2023
    Centreville
    I've been offering these for a couple of years, both in MD, and in Florida prior. For the most part, they are very nice, and better than most of the other companies that offer blued revolvers... I just sold one of the new blued Pythons. It was nice too, but not like the 60's - 80's guns... Today's blue guns probably will never have that deep rich look of yesteryear since the cost to hand polish them would cause the price to skyrocket and the consumer wouldn't support the higher prices. It's unfortunate, but reality....

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    I don’t know why, but modern S&W revolvers, have the absolute worst blueing. It’s really disgraceful to have a beautiful 586 look like it’s been dragged through a dirt road. I’m sorry OP. I don’t mean yours, specifically. My 586 is very disappointing to me. View attachment 467611
    Interesting, my 586 4 inch bluing looks pretty good.

Attachments

• IMG_4010.jpeg
      IMG_4010.jpeg
      613.5 KB · Views: 22

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I’ve seen S&Ws, Colts, Rugers Dan Wessons and others over the years with incredible blue finishes. I’ve seen some with finishes that were embarrassing to the breed. I own a couple of Colt revolvers that rival or better the Pythons of the era…all I can guess is production was slow and the finishers took extra time.

Every era of production has its wonderful examples and some that needed more attention. Every finisher and assembler had various levels of talent and pride…and it often shows.

When I attended S&W Armorers School thirty years ago we built revolvers to learn how they functioned and repair them. Those revolvers…once the class had graduated…were disassembled by S&W techs…checked and went out for shipping to distributors for retail sale as new guns.

How does anyone who buys a new Smith know it wasn’t built by students?

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Interesting, my 586 4 inch bluing looks pretty good.
    Yes! Yours does look beautiful! That’s how they all should look. Did you send yours out, to be hand polished and reblued? S&W does offer the service, which I may consider. I definitely wouldn’t be ashamed of an example, such as yours. I will say, though, mine is dead balls accurate. And, I’ve done a spectacular spring job on it, which DRASTICALLY improved the trigger pull. So, it’s definitely worth the investment of S&W

Last edited:

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    Yes! Yours does look beautiful! That’s how they all should look. Did you send yours out, to be hand polished and reblued? S&W does offer the service, which I may consider. I definitely wouldn’t be ashamed of an example, such as yours. I will say, though, mine is dead balls accurate. And, I’ve done a spectacular spring job on it, which DRASTICALLY improved the trigger pull. So, it’s definitely worth the investment of S&W
    Nope, this is the way it came from S&W. I bought it back in September of 2019. It was manufactured 06/2019. Guess I got lucky. I did pick up both a 686+ Deluxe and a 629 Deluxe both in 3 inch and the stainless barrels looked like someone hit them with sandpaper? I used some Flitz and Mothers polish and they look much better. Can’t figure the hit or miss quality control issues with the finish at S&W??? Here are some before and after pictures of both guns. BTW the 629 was used but looked to be only fired a few times. It’s a beast with full magnum loads. Throws a fireball about the size of a basketball.

Attachments

• IMG_0075.jpeg
      IMG_0075.jpeg
      638.6 KB · Views: 12
    • IMG_4005.jpeg
      IMG_4005.jpeg
      590.2 KB · Views: 12
    • IMG_2615.jpeg
      IMG_2615.jpeg
      409 KB · Views: 12
    • IMG_4017.jpeg
      IMG_4017.jpeg
      664.9 KB · Views: 14
    Last edited:

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Nope, this is the way it came from S&W. I bought it back in September of 2019. It was manufactured 06/2019. Guess I got lucky. I did pick up both a 686+ Deluxe and a 629 Deluxe both in 3 inch and the stainless barrels looked like someone hit them with sandpaper? I used some Flitz and Mothers polish and they look much better. Can’t figure the hit or miss quality control issues with the finish at S&W??? Here are some before and after pictures of both guns. BTW the 629 was used but looked to be only fired a few times. It’s a beast with full magnum loads. Throws a fireball about the size of a basketball.
    I bet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom