• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I don’t know why S&W put these stupid “fake” mag extensions on the Competitors mags, but I’d like to replace them with real mag extensions. Anyone find a brand that works with the Competitors mag well?

Of course these will be assembled outside of Md

TD

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    I don’t know why S&W put these stupid “fake” mag extensions on the Competitors mags, but I’d like to replace them with real mag extensions. Anyone find a brand that works with the Competitors mag well?

Of course these will be assembled outside of Md

TD
    I don’t have the ‘Competitor’ version, but I do have an M&P 9, and admittedly without knowing any different I’m assuming the mags are the same (?). If so, I used Taylor Freelance extensions successfully. Just a guess though, YMMV.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Are the Competitor mags and different than a standard 17 round M&P mags? (Other than the baseplate)
    I have Taran Tactical mag extensions on most of my M&P mags, I use them for competition and they take a beating but I’ve never had an issue.
    Highly recommend them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I don’t have the ‘Competitor’ version, but I do have an M&P 9, and admittedly without knowing any different I’m assuming the mags are the same (?). If so, I used Taylor Freelance extensions successfully. Just a guess though, YMMV.
    The magwell is different than the standard m&p.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Are the Competitor mags and different than a standard 17 round M&P mags? (Other than the baseplate)
    I have Taran Tactical mag extensions on most of my M&P mags, I use them for competition and they take a beating but I’ve never had an issue.
    Highly recommend them.

I was told TT won’t work due to the magwell on the Competitor. Mags are the same as any other 17 rd 9mm mag except for the baseplate.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I was told TT won’t work due to the magwell on the Competitor. Mags are the same as any other 17 rd 9mm mag except for the baseplate.

I have a Carver flared mag well on my M&P Pro CORE and the TT baseplates (extensions) work fine.
    Only thing I can think of is that the M&P flared mag well is slightly different so there’s some sort of interference

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    The magwell is different than the standard m&p.
    Assuming it’s flared? That shouldn’t keep the mag extensions from working, the flare doesn’t turn inward. They extensions should be long enough to protrude below the magwell flare? My pea brain isn’t understanding how they wouldn’t work, but I believe you. Hopefully you find something that works.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    You're supposed to go out of state to add extensions to mags? Who knew?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom