• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Sgt Preston here...

I got an e mail from my FFL that mine is cleared for me to pick it up today...

Yup I bought it from Alabama via GunBroker...

They are definitely out there & available for purchase...

BUT the auction price was $100.00 above retail...

I bought the 9mm version...

I just got tired of waiting...

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Sgt Preston here...

I got an e mail from my FFL that mine is cleared for me to pick it up today...

Yup I bought it from Alabama via GunBroker...

They are definitely out there & available for purchase...

BUT the auction price was $100.00 above retail...

I bought the 9mm version...

I just got tired of waiting...

I almost don't blame you. I was considering it but your right as they are going off at $100 - $150 over the local prices when our shops do get them in. You will like it very much. My friend has one that he let me shoot in 9mm and it was VERY nice. Best of luck to you and enjoy it.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Thankfully, I have other toys to play with so I'm on a waiting list at my go-to local gun shop for a Shield .40. Apparently the .40 is not as popular as the 9mm so the waiting list is shorter. I must be getting more patient in my old age because I started to order one and pay the premium as Sgt. Preston did but finally decided I would wait out the apparent shortage. :)

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    I've been trying to find one for a while now. I'm getting a little sick of waiting and may start looking into some other options.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I've been trying to find one for a while now. I'm getting a little sick of waiting and may start looking into some other options.

Take a close look at the xds. I just bought one and it's a nice gun.

I'm kicking myself in the ass because my gun range put me on their list for a shield right before I bought the XDs. They called me 4 days later because a shield in 40 came in that I could have. But I passed because I just bought the XDs. Then the next day I changed my mind but it was to late because the next person on the list bought it. Now I'm dieing to find one and can't.

HOW DUMB AM I ?

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    I almost don't blame you. I was considering it but your right as they are going off at $100 - $150 over the local prices when our shops do get them in. You will like it very much. My friend has one that he let me shoot in 9mm and it was VERY nice. Best of luck to you and enjoy it.

Sgt Preston back again...

I just caved in because I'm getting older & wanted to enjoy it while I still can...

I've already got a Stainless Springfileld Loaded 1911 x 9mm which is a "perfect' pistol...

But I just liked the skinny single stack pocket rocket...

I'm looking forward to pushing some lead downrange sometime VERY soon...

Pirate

Mar 20, 2010
    We will have a 9mm Shield in the case this morning for $409.95 when we open at 9am.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    We will have a 9mm Shield in the case this morning for $409.95 when we open at 9am.

Bets on how long before it's sold? I guess about 2 hrs or less. Gotta give props to The Gun Shop, they refuse to rake customers over the coals on the hard to get items when they get them.

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.

Damn...Was this the one that was already sold on Tuesday when i stopped in looking for one? Wish i would have known i would have paid cash in a heartbeat for it.

Pirate

Mar 20, 2010
    Yes it was. The person I was holding it for decided they didn't want it. I didn't see that one coming when I talked to you. I thought it was sold for sure. Sorry.

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    Yes it was. The person I was holding it for decided they didn't want it. I didn't see that one coming when I talked to you. I thought it was sold for sure. Sorry.

Not a problem. I knew i should have left my number just in case there was that slight chance he didn't want it. I will more than likely just come down and leave a deposit with you and wait until you get another in. :party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom