• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    A coulple questions for the M&P15-22 OWNERS on the board.

Ammo sensitivity ? What does it like/dislike ?

Reliablity ? Aside from ammo issues, anyting else going **** up on these ?

Does it run dirty ? It will be shot almost 100% suppressed, and I hate cleaning guns.

Thanks

gunconnection

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2008
    I gave one to my son for his birthday. We have not fired it suppressed yet, but so far it's running fine. S&W recommends to shoot only high quality ammo like CCI threw it, but we have been using Remington Golden Bullets with great success, minus the occasional squib. I have sent one back, to S&W, because of a broken extractor. S&W said the reason it broke was ammo related. They paid for shipping and repaired it for free. They customer has not had any problems since.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Thanks Dan.

I shoot CCI Standard velocity in all my other 22's but with the ammo market I just want to make sure it isn't a picky eater.

Currently it will be for me, but as my boy grows I would like it to be around for him to use.

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    I only have about 500 rounds through mine but it seems to eat anything. I have tried CCI Mini mags and Remington Golden Bullets as well as the Cheap Winchester Value pack stuff.... No issues to speak of.

Chad you're welcome to shoot mine whenever you want.

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    Mine has worked fine and I never have time to clean it.
    I use the Wally 550 bulk boxes and have a failure to feed probably once every 50-75 rounds.
    Loading the mags is a pain and if you don't do it one by one it will jam alittle more. I just bought the black dog 50 round drum but haven't used it yet. I'd love to suppress it some day. You are more than welcome to shoot it if you'd like. Let me know

It's nice to have you back!!

Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    I bought mine from Dan a few months back and couldn't be happier with it. I got the Magpul version and my son and I have put 6 or 7 hundred rounds through it. I can't stress enough how much fun it is to shoot. I put a relatively inexpensive scope on it because of the non-existent recoil and we shoot at 100 yards. This thing is friggin' accurate as all get out. For fun, after tearing the center out of paper targets, we'll put clays on the hill behind the target holders and after breaking them initially (which is no challenge) we call the broken fragments. With .22 ammo so cheap compared to the other ammo I buy, I've only been buying CCI Mini-mags. It's the rifle EVERYBODY wants to shoot, over and over.

Attachments

• SW1522.jpg
      SW1522.jpg
      46.9 KB · Views: 231

sparkymon

Feb 26, 2010
    I have put about 2500 rounds through mine with no complaints. I fire CCI, Remington and Winchester ammo with no noticeable difference. I also have a suppressor I purchased from Dan that I like to shoot with. I fire CCI subsonic with the suppressor and have not had any issues.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    I've been eyeing up a Gemtech G5-22 that would look real good on the front of my son's M&P.:D:thumbsup:

A new can will be part of this. That one was on the top of the list. I am done with screen on suppressors. Everything will ne QD from now on.

I only have about 500 rounds through mine but it seems to eat anything. I have tried CCI Mini mags and Remington Golden Bullets as well as the Cheap Winchester Value pack stuff.... No issues to speak of.

Chad you're welcome to shoot mine whenever you want.

I was going to be calling you about yours and to get some trigger time with it.

Mine has worked fine and I never have time to clean it.
    I use the Wally 550 bulk boxes and have a failure to feed probably once every 50-75 rounds.
    Loading the mags is a pain and if you don't do it one by one it will jam alittle more. I just bought the black dog 50 round drum but haven't used it yet. I'd love to suppress it some day. You are more than welcome to shoot it if you'd like. Let me know

It's nice to have you back!!

Why are the mags a pain to load ? I've been seeing that about these guns.

I guess even with a .22 you need to pay that crazy $600 fee in addition to the silencer?

It's $200 you have to pay to the feds.

I have put about 2500 rounds through mine with no complaints. I fire CCI, Remington and Winchester ammo with no noticeable difference. I also have a suppressor I purchased from Dan that I like to shoot with. I fire CCI subsonic with the suppressor and have not had any issues.

Good to hear it is eating all kinds of ammo for you. Trays the types of reports I was hopeing to hear.

Todd v.

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2008
    South Carolina
    Mine has eaten everything I've tried and runs fine even with lightening the hammer spring up a bit. I did notice while running suppressed it seemed to loose accuracy after around 250 rounds, reliability was fine though. Not sure why but cleaning it straightened it right out. Mine really shoots well suppressed with Wolf Match ammo, very accurate for an out of the box .22.

vetts1911

Practical Shooter
    Aug 25, 2008
    Mechanicsville
    Gave mine a good scrub for the intitial cleaning. I ran about 1200 rounds of Winchester "the 555 or 333 pack brand" I had 3 bad bullets i.e good hit on the round and that is odd with this brand from what I have seen. Mags are great lock back the action every time.

I would recomend it and mine is reliable. I have 100% reliability with mine. Smith & Wesson service is great if you need it.

Just a quick note there is a post simular to what you are asking in the rimfire forum.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    I use whatever is the cheapest when I buy at Wally World. Either the Winchester or the Federal RedBox 555 rounders. Have yet to have a single mishap.
    30052_1448130572093_1498058837_31182761_6704801_n.jpg

I like the scope but am kinda interested in a fixed 4x FakeCOG if I can find one with a good enough eye relief. Every one I have tried you have to be right on top of for a good sight picture.

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    Why are the mags a pain to load ? I've been seeing that about these guns.

Because to ensure there won't be any Failure to Feeds you must load each round one at a time. It isn't recommended to load multiple rounds at one time. Thus becoming a pain. I'm hoping my 50 round drum will make it much easier but I haven't tried it yet.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    I picked one up from Dan over at the Gun Connection. I love it!

I am debating on having it on hand when I have my NRA rifle classes as I am sure it will be in high demand!

Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    actionpistolshooter said:
    ??? $600 ???

Do you mean the $200 Fed Tax stamp? Is there something else you're thinking of?

Yep, that's what I meant. I was thinking about what it would all cost me when I was typing.

Sinjin

Jan 21, 2009
    I got one when it first came out...really, the only issues I had was failures to feed every magazine when using anything other than CCI. I tried different mags, same issue.

I sent it to S&W - they sent it back saying they "upgraded it to current spec" and I haven't had any problems since.

I'm assuming all the new rifles are coming out with whatever "current spec" was back then. :)

No issues to report for me...I haven't cleaned mine in months. I shoot exclusively CCI now, but I haven't had any issues in the thousand rounds or so since I got it back.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Now I just need to find the one I want somewhere.

The MOE FDE version doesn't seem to be readily aviable.

Then to get all the accessories, suppressor and the AGOG I want for it, it never ends.

EVOIXGSR

Straight Baller Status
    Mar 13, 2008
    Baltimore Co.
    Mine doesn't like thunderbolt (bout 1 in 7 shots either ftfire or ftextract because of a weak load). CCI minimags runs flawlessly. CCI bulk standard velocity had about 1 malfunction in 200 rounds. Winchester grey box is about 2 malfunctions in 100. Remington standard bulk runs about 1 malfunction in 100 rounds. YMMV.

No other issues with mine, and I believe I have one of the first gens that some people had extractor issues with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom