• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tacswa3

Oct 7, 2013
    Hello all,

Looking at a Smith & Wesson revolver model 48, .22 mag. 4 inch barrel.

Anyone have one, how do you like? Any pros, cons?

python

Apr 15, 2010
    Nice guns, but the 4" barrel leaves a lot of unburned powder. They get very dirty under the extractor star (sometimes making it difficult to open the cylinder) and around the B/C gap. The gun requires cleaning after every shooting session. They are pretty snappy to shoot, much more so than the 22lr, and pretty loud for a small bore revolver. These are small prices to pay, however, for an accurate, fun to shoot gun.

Tacswa3

Oct 7, 2013
    Nice guns, but the 4" barrel leaves a lot of unburned powder. They get very dirty under the extractor star (sometimes making it difficult to open the cylinder) and around the B/C gap. The gun requires cleaning after every shooting session. They are pretty snappy to shoot, much more so than the 22lr, and pretty loud for a small bore revolver. These are small prices to pay, however, for an accurate, fun to shoot gun.

Thank you for your reply, I'm a bit late on that Lol. Never did purchase it but came across another and I think I'm gonna scoop it up. Just a plinking gun

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom