• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    I just received an email from the trooper who issued my permit. He told me that they are well aware of the ruling but the Permit Section is waiting on advice and counsel from the administration, internal legal counsel and yes, the AG's office. Until they get definitive information on how to proceed, everything is "business as usual" (his quote).

I had contacted him regarding the effect on restrictions for current permit holders. I expect that absent some hi-jinks from the AG's office, these will have to be nullified through directive or worst case, through further litigation.

I dont remember the case being called "woollard vs ag or administration"

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    Appeal announced; stay requested. The stay will be granted.

Source please... According to MSP before this they denied very few permits and most were in fact approved. How can this substantially alter anything if what they claimed recently was true? According to their logic the work load should not change.

Papi4baby

WWJBD
    May 10, 2009
    California
    Just heard from my friend who has a friend in the states attorney's office. He said they are going apeshit. The didnt expect to lose and didn't prepare for it.

letthebuthurtflowthroughyou-300x217.jpg

Hahahaha.

Thank you to all who made this happen, great news.

Papi4baby

WWJBD
    May 10, 2009
    California
    I dont remember the case being called "woollard vs ag or administration"

If you have ever dealt with MSP you would know they are not a common sense/make their own call organization.

If the law says take 3 steps, do a 180 and 10 situps. The trooper will do just that, nothing more, nothing less.

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    yeah, if the AG just found out that they would need to apeal the ruling because they really didn't believe that they would lose. Then they will take some time to prepare the appeal before turning it in.

offroaD

Jun 1, 2011
    I feel the need to write a letter explaining that I dont want my tax dollars to be wasted dragging this on, and that they need to just adopt a new policy and move on. It's like the case I juried for a while back. An entire day was spent over a guy stealing 10 dollars.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    yeah, if the AG just found out that they would need to apeal the ruling because they really didn't believe that they would lose. Then they will take some time to prepare the appeal before turning it in.

It'll be a very interesting read from AG to 4th Circuit.

ezliving

Besieger
    Oct 9, 2008
    Undisclosed Secure Location
    Let's understand everyone's role. SAF more/less handles litigation, NRA more/less handles legislation. There is no reason to be upset about the NRA's role, they are an important part in the 2A fight. Support both, we don't want all our eggs in one basket:)
    What did the NRA do to support Marylanders' gun rights at the legislature this year?

Less or none?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Actually, the report that someone had from the MSP that it was business as usual was quite interesting... in the absence of a stay, doesn't the state need to shut down the application process for a while or risk further lawsuits? That is to say, if I were to apply this week and be denied, wouldn't they be violating my civil rights by any standard?

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    It'll be a very interesting read from AG to 4th Circuit.

"Scary guns.. blah,blah... for the Children... blah, blah... blood in the streets, running into the Bay... blah, blah... rising crime... blah, blah... flying unicorns... blah, blah... kittens... blah, blah... shoot your eye out... blah, blah... Brady this, Brady that... blah, blah... bad, OK?"

Soda

Dec 14, 2010
    Actually, the report that someone had from the MSP that it was business as usual was quite interesting... in the absence of a stay, doesn't the state need to shut down the application process for a while or risk further lawsuits? That is to say, if I were to apply this week and be denied, wouldn't they be violating my civil rights by any standard?

They have 30 days to comply or appeal and get a stay. So they can keep on keepin' on until either their month is up or while an appeal is in process with a stay.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD

They cannot shut down the permit process, the MD law says they have to do it, they just no longer have good and substantial to hide behind. Its a constitutional right. Shutting down completely would be ground for the mother of all lawsuits. They are supposed to obey the judges order.

2ndCharter

Based dude w/ lovin' hands
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 19, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    I'm not sure as to the legality here but I agree that they have no choice, pending a stay granted (not requested) to change the way they operate. However, let's be fair. They do need to make sure that whatever the new procedure is, that it has been scrutinized for legality, compliance with the ruling and unfortunately for the political skew that the left will attempt to introduce. They likely will try to push the boundaries, read something in the opinion that isn't there and dance in as much gray area as possible.

That said, I'm saving the email in case there is a need for it down the road. ;)

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    I'm not sure as to the legality here but I agree that they have no choice, pending a stay granted (not requested) to change the way they operate. However, let's be fair. They do need to make sure that whatever the new procedure is, that it has been scrutinized for legality, compliance with the ruling and unfortunately for the political skew that the left will attempt to introduce. They likely will try to push the boundaries, read something in the opinion that isn't there and dance in as much gray area as possible.

That said, I'm saving the email in case there is a need for it down the road. ;)

There is no new procedure until one is written and passed by the legislature. The procedure is the same as it ever was, minus good and substantial, because it is codified into law. The only change the MDSP can make is the application form.

chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys
    "Scary guns.. blah,blah... for the Children... blah, blah... blood in the streets, running into the Bay... blah, blah... rising crime... blah, blah... flying unicorns... blah, blah... kittens... blah, blah... shoot your eye out... blah, blah... Brady this, Brady that... blah, blah... bad, OK?"

You just made my day :lol2:

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD

Thanks for another good laugh!!! Had to explain my outburst to my students here in SC again...

Spec4

Expert Rifleman
    Sep 22, 2009
    Carroll County
    Originally Posted by Boxcab

:thumbsup::thumbsup: this!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom