• ...and so much more!
  • Fire-4-Effect

Aug 3, 2008
    Frederick, Md
    We are getting close...

Just a reminder to everyone, class is this Sunday. Here is the info:

1. Class starts at 8:00 AM sharp, be early to enjoy donuts and coffee

2. I would ask that everyone brings the following with them:

a. Spiral ring notebook (not a 3 ring binder like I previously stated)
    b. Highlighter marker
    c. Pen and pencil
    d. Payment (see below)

3. Please do not bring any firearms or ammunition into the classroom. This is a NRA sanctioned class and they consider this a no-no. It is common sense anyways. This includes LEO's.

4. When you complete the class you will receive a card that shows you have passed a NRA certified RSO training class. In most cases this is enough to prove you are certified. However, If you want your certification to be recorded with the NRA and have them mail you out a printed card for your wallet and a certificate suitable for framing as well as add your name to their database of certified RSO's then you will need to register with the NRA. This is different than membership. If you are currently an NRA member then the cost to register your certification with the NRA will be $26. If you are not an NRA member then the cost will be $36. We will provide the fiorms to do this in class. You can use check, cash or credit card to pay for the registration. Checks are made out to the NRA. This fee is separate from the $22.55 that 3rdRcn is charging for the materials.

5. We will be selling NRA memberships during the class. The cost will be $25 for one year. You will get an NRA hat and be able to choose your magazine such as American Rifleman, etc... You will also get the other benefits that come along with membership to include firearm insurance and a discount program. I highly recommend that everyone participating either be a member or sign up the day of, but, it is your choice.

This will be my last informative post before the class. If you have questions ask 3rdRcn or myself.

See you Sunday!

Phil

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    I didn't see my name on the list of signers on the NRA site. Brett Worley = WSM...thought I put my screen name in the comments box.

Buldozer

Nov 23, 2008
    On the Creek
    I just wanted to thank everyone who volunteered time to put this together.
    Had a great time today and learned some new things a remembered some things i forgot. :party29:

Namen

Jan 22, 2008
    essex
    Thanks to everyone who organized this and esspecialy to everyone who is taking their time to help out the range. I am not a regular but that is normaly where i go to when i do go out.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Thanks to Terry, the Elk Neck rangers and Cresap guys for holding this class!

It was great to see everyone today and meet some new people!!! Teaching was great

Our instructors really knocked it out of the park. Topher and Fire-4-Effect drove all the way from Fredneck to teach today, quite a long haul. 3rdRcn probably spent the most time on the road out of all of us. He lives closer to the range than some folks, but he had to make two trips because before the class even started. :innocent0

Very glad I signed up to take this class and volunteer my time to help out our community. It was a long day, but a productive one. Very nice meeting some new folks today as well as some that I know from previous encounters. :thumbsup:

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    This is yet another reason for Mdshooters.com's existence. In addition to protecting our rights legislatively, and financially through supporting the industry partners that treat us so well we need to give back a little every now and then to those that typically don't ask for our help.

The accident at Elk Neck a while back might have been prevented; we have no way of knowing for sure. But by having a large group of mdshooters' members volunteer their entire Sunday (and what a beautiful Sunday it was!) we've shown our commitment to safety, the future of shooting sports and 2nd amendment rights in Md, and most importantly we'll reduce the risk of any future accidents.

I think between the two classes (The one at Cresap I recently took and today's class) we now have around 30 more safety officers to help watch each other's back.

The members of this forum are responsible, generous, and dedicated.

Cheers fellas. :beer:

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Guys, it truely was a pleasure.
    I can speak for Phil and Mike when I say, we became CRSO's and instructors looking for students like we had to day.

Wish you the best of luck with ENSF!

Chris

Evil Twin

Jun 13, 2009
    It was a great class. Very informative, with useful information to help us when interacting with new shooters, as well as the most advanced shooters. After the class was over, Terry took a handful of us over to the shooting range to see where we would be performing our duties. It's a great facility, with plenty of room for alot of shooters. To all of those who put this together for us, thank you very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom