• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2much2do49

Feb 25, 2009
    Salisbury, MD
    Is anyone here on MD Shooters a member of the Salisbury Gun Club? I'm interested in joining but don't know anyone who's a member. I feel kinda uncomfortable just showing up, if you know what I mean, hoping someone will nominate me to join.

If you are a member, is it really that simple to get in? Or do you have to talk about yourself in front of everyone?

Thanks,
    Ken

captsin

Southern Boy
    Feb 8, 2009
    Eastern Shore
    We make it easy to join, either have a member get you a app. or just show up at the club on the first Wed. of the month. You do have to stand & say something about yourself & why you want to become a member. It takes about 2 month's to be voted on. Then you in, it's that simple.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    We make it easy to join, either have a member get you a app. or just show up at the club on the first Wed. of the month. You do have to stand & say something about yourself & why you want to become a member. It takes about 2 month's to be voted on. Then you in, it's that simple.

Oh oh, he reared his ugly face! Yup, he's right though......it IS a neat range that I really need to join.

2much2do49

Feb 25, 2009
    Salisbury, MD

That's what I was afraid of!! Gulp!

I did email Tom Shockley and he emailed me an application. I just didn't feel too comfy about showing up, not knowing anyone. I'm just a pistol shooter, but I love shooting. Tom told me that you have the meetings the first Wed of every month. It seems over the last 3 months I've had something come up that first Wed and couldn't make it. This coming Wed (6/1) is the same deal. My wife is a teacher and has graduation this Wed, so I've got kid duty again. I'm hoping it isn't until the following Wed (6/8)!

ffemtreed

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2011
    Wilmington, NC
    That's what I was afraid of!! Gulp!

I did email Tom Shockley and he emailed me an application. I just didn't feel too comfy about showing up, not knowing anyone. I'm just a pistol shooter, but I love shooting. Tom told me that you have the meetings the first Wed of every month. It seems over the last 3 months I've had something come up that first Wed and couldn't make it. This coming Wed (6/1) is the same deal. My wife is a teacher and has graduation this Wed, so I've got kid duty again. I'm hoping it isn't until the following Wed (6/8)!

I am interested in joining as well, maybe you won't be the only newbie at the club.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom