• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

gmkoh

Feb 26, 2013
    Annapolis
    I am posting this in the MD 2A forum because Sandy Hook was the catalyst for the 2A nightmare we are experiencing here.

The capitol had an article yesterday- the summary report is finished but has not been released to the public, The Police investigation, which is said to be over 1000 pages, has not been released to anybody. This is an investigation for basically a closed case. It should be nothing more than a statement of facts and findings.
    The 911 calls have not even been released, which, according to the article is highly unusual. Only the Search warrants have been made public so far. The State legislature even went so far as to pass a law limiting the public access to the report.
    I find this disturbing. While I can see some justification for redacting some information about individual victims, the release of this data I feel is important. National policy changes have been threatened, and State law has been passed based on incomplete data.
    Not just that the conspiracy theorists must be going orgasmic, but it would be critical to know what policies (if any) might have mitigated the situation. For example, would magazine restrictions have made any difference? (I think not, and I think that is one reason there is reluctance to release the investigative data). I also wonder if the police response was questionable or delayed. It was reported in the article that the shooter killed himself with a handgun. What part did a handgun play in the incident in comparison to the MSR?
    OK, granted the left has an agenda and facts do not enter their equation, but I sure would like to know how many rounds he fired, how many magazines he used, were they emptied, or did he drop partially used mags and reload. What would ave made him less lethal?

This is a problem I have with the "LAW". If we do not get access to the facts, how can we ever improve? Another example is medical malpractice. The facts of what happened are held secret for years due to litigation. I for one want to know what went wrong so I can avoid if possible the same mistake sometime before I retire.

This is my rant for this week. Not meant to be a discussion of what did happened, but a discussion about the release of information in a timely fashion and maybe what information is appropriate to release.

The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware
    Apparently 911 calls and other report finding will be held out of the releaae today which is not the norm. It's very strange how this was handled especially when 911 calls are almost always released to the public

The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware
    I'm not going to talk about a conspiracy but what concerns me is the foot chase with police somebody had shortly after the police arriving. News helicopters caught this. Also, a day or so after the shooting a father of a victim was getting ready to release a statement and right before he did he was smiling. There is nothing in this world that would merit a smile from me after my son/daughter was killed

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    as noted, already being discussed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads