• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Same..thanks...

BTW I went to the range the other day and the gate was wide open.. Nobody on the range would fess up to leaving it open but unless the rules have changed we need to make sure we lock it behind us. To add salt to the would whomever opened it left the combo on the lock...bad ju ju.

Not anyone in charge just a concerned member.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    Same..thanks...

BTW I went to the range the other day and the gate was wide open.. Nobody on the range would fess up to leaving it open but unless the rules have changed we need to make sure we lock it behind us. To add salt to the would whomever opened it left the combo on the lock...bad ju ju.

Just playing devil's advocate; what day were you there? Is it possible there was a IDPA or some other match going on that would have left it open?

Polecat

R.I.P.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    Just playing devil's advocate; what day were you there? Is it possible there was a IDPA or some other match going on that would have left it open?
    The IDPA folks take the lock with them for the match so no one accidently locks it not realizing the match is open to the public. Still must keep an eye out for non-members using other ranges.

Tree Rat

Always a good target
    May 20, 2005
    Same..thanks...

Thanks for the note.

How many people on the grounds and on what ranges?

Haven't caught anybody letting their non-member buds in for awhile. I'm due.

TR

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Thanks for the note.

TR

Went with my brother who is a member on Sat around 12:45PM. When we drove up the gate was already open.

Holden McGroin

I'm the Juggernaut..Bitch
    Jan 9, 2008
    Dameron, MD
    Went with my brother who is a member on Sat around 12:45PM. When we drove up the gate was already open.

They were having a black powder shoot at the rifle range that day. I was there that morning around 08:45 and the gate was already opened then. Look at the board to the left of the gate to see if there are any events happening that day.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Thanks for the note.

TR

No IDPA or other events were going on... and the ranges were empty.
    I've noticed this before on a couple of occaisions. Would I be within my bounds to ask those there to show membership ID?

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    That does not compute. Being a Myrtle Grove shooter, I've never seen an empty range.:sad20: I really need to get my application in.:innocent0

That's part of the reason I love the Lake. Let me know, I'll show you around. I'm pretty sure they are full up but the sooner you get an app in the better your chances of getting in. :thumbsup:

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    That's part of the reason I love the Lake. Let me know, I'll show you around. I'm pretty sure they are full up but the sooner you get an app in the better your chances of getting in. :thumbsup:

My brother is lucky it's so close to him. Definitely a nice place to shoot, after the black powder shooters left the rifle range was all ours for about 2 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom