• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    I know that Sarco will not ship handguns directly to MD FFL03 holders. But does anyone know if they will complete the transaction if one were to go to there showroom in person with their FFL03?

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Anyone notice their ad in the latest shotgun news, there's a bunch of MOISIN Nagant parts.

Every single part listed in there it's spelled "MOISIN"

Hey, Sarco. Have yourself a derp.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    I know they have a showroom that does sell firearms. I believe that you can pick up orders if you give them advanced notice. I know that C+R FFLs do allow you to buy in person in other states. Why not call them and ask? They have always been very friendly with me.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Anyone notice their ad in the latest shotgun news, there's a bunch of MOISIN Nagant parts.

Every single part listed in there it's spelled "MOISIN"

Hey, Sarco. Have yourself a derp.

They have been doing this a long long time, The people that work there have humor,
    Hence the cartoons with some of there ads.

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    SARCO's policy is that they don't sell handguns to Maryland C&R holders PERIOD, even though it is completely legal for them to do so. They were total assholes when I went to their store in 2012. I won't ever do business with them again for any reason.

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    True,wont sell to md residents,by the way I picked up an ar15 rifle kit from them at a pa showlast year,out the upper together several months ago and thought it was ok,used the lower parts kit this weekend on a blemished lower I had laying around,the worst fitting parts kit I have ever seen.

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    When I called the person on the phone said they didn't see why they wouldn't If my FFL03 was valid. But I know just cause they say they will on the phone doesn't me they will in practice. thats why i asked here. The last thing I would want would be to drive my oversized rear-end up there from them to tell me no.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    my uncle went there last week.

8 employees on the floor, no one who would talk to customers. He finally cornered a guy and asked him about the systema's. They pointed towards a case in the corner (empty).

There was no merchandise on display, no urgency to put anything out, or any desire to talk to customers.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    A short while back, someone wanted to start a thread to create a list of vendors and dealers that didn't respect FFL03's. Sarco should be at the top of that list.

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    A short while back, someone wanted to start a thread to create a list of vendors and dealers that didn't respect FFL03's. Sarco should be at the top of that list.
    Agreed. I had over $1000 in cash I was ready to drop in their hands. They didn't give a shit. Acted like I was trying to do something illegal. For all intents and purposes, they told me to get the f**k out of their store and don't come back. Ever.

I am only too happy to comply.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    In 2011 [I think], I bought a Modelo super pistol from them with My C+R. I did it over the phone and they mailed it USPS.

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    If I recall correctly the complaints about them not selling handguns to MD residents with a C&R started after the FSA was passed
    Their policy predates the FSA, which took effect on 10-1-2013. My one and only visit to their store was in the spring of 2012, before the bill was even on the table.

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    Now I am torn. I want something they have...supposedly...I can find it on gun broker but on gun broker they are running 300-400+ more expensive then on Sarco. I don't want to give business to someone that doesn't support MD 2A rights. But I really don't want to pay more than I have too. Well that and I am having a hard time finding an out of state FFL that would be game to accept the transfer and treat it like an FFL to FFL transfer

CFCE

Nov 23, 2012
    St. Mary's Co.
    Went there in November of 2013. Tried to buy some >10 round ar mags. While opening wallet to get money salesman caught a glimpse of my Md. license. He then asked to see my license. After he verified it was Md. he told me he couldn't sell me the mags. I argued I could and a manger got involved. He went into back room and returned a few minutes later saying they could not sell the mags to me. I will never darken their door or web site again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom