• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BPSballistics

Aug 11, 2012
    Glen burnie
    Finally bought my savage 93R the other day after weeks of debating between 22MAG or .17HMR well I went with .17HMR and heres the pics i promised. Its got the walnut stock and blued bull barrel. Bipod and scope mounted by me.

6rivqf.jpg

1pb786.jpg

wv2841.jpg

Thanks to all.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    The Savage 93's are good guns and the 17 is a great cartrige. Keep it oiled. I was surprised to find rust stains on the bolt of my stainless Savage 17 even when kept in an average humidity of 20 to 30%. Other than the cheap Tru value grades screws on a Keltec nothing else in my collection has ever showed corrosion. I was very surprised (though I hadnt refreshed the oil in about 18 months).

Atec

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    Maryland
    Congrats !
    You are going to flat out love that rifle . I purchased the Savage 17hmr stainless steel model .
    Had a ball shooting small steel targets at 100 yards at AGC. Wish I could locate a larger stainless mag for it.
    I love the trigger system , crisp break. Its a lot of fun to shoot. !
    Not as cheap as the 22 Lr :innocent0

BPSballistics

Aug 11, 2012
    Glen burnie
    thanks fellas im happy and excited myself too. I hope i domnt offend any 22MAG guys but I think i made a better decision with going .17hmr but then again i guess it determines what your doing with the gun.

NY Transplant

Wabbit Season/Duck Season
    Apr 2, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    thanks fellas im happy and excited myself too. I hope i domnt offend any 22MAG guys but I think i made a better decision with going .17hmr but then again i guess it determines what your doing with the gun.

None taken. I have a left hand version in 22 Magnum and I'm doing less than quarter size 5 shot groups at 100 yards with it using the Hornady 30 gr. V-Max rounds. Waiting for my work schedule to settle down so I can take it out for groundhogs.

BPSballistics

Aug 11, 2012
    Glen burnie
    None taken. I have a left hand version in 22 Magnum and I'm doing less than quarter size 5 shot groups at 100 yards with it using the Hornady 30 gr. V-Max rounds. Waiting for my work schedule to settle down so I can take it out for groundhogs.

dude where do you ground hog hunt I been looking for personal property im so freaking tired of indoor pistol ranges and rifle ranges. i want live outdoor varmint shooting.

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    Love mine so much I bought a second one.

1st
    .17 HMR with the thumb hole stock and the stainless steel barrel

2nd
    .22LR soon to have a Boyds custom tacticool stock as soon as I finish the stock.

NY Transplant

Wabbit Season/Duck Season
    Apr 2, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    dude where do you ground hog hunt I been looking for personal property im so freaking tired of indoor pistol ranges and rifle ranges. i want live outdoor varmint shooting.

Have a friend of a friend that owns a farm in Garrett County and I usually go there when I visit my sister just over the border in WV.

BPSballistics

Aug 11, 2012
    Glen burnie
    Have a friend of a friend that owns a farm in Garrett County and I usually go there when I visit my sister just over the border in WV.

Good choice for a .17HMR. Have one with the laminate stock and love it.
    Congrats on the new addition to your family

Must be awesome shooting on some land doing some actual shooting at something. the range gets boring after a while

And thanks im happy shes part of the family now I cant wait to fire it I bet its a blast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom