• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slhaney

Sep 8, 2019
    Street, MD
    Hi . I recently inherited a Savage MkII .22 bolt action rifle. Its in great shape and shoots really well. Extremely accurate for an inexpensive .22. The problem is with the factory magazine. Feeding problems or ejecting unspent rounds when cycling the bolt happen way too often for my tastes. A quick Google search shows this is a common issue for these factory mags but Im not getting much concensus a better aftermarket replacement. Anyone here have similar issues. If so, any recommendations on an aftermarket that you are truly satisfied with? Any thoughts ir input woyld be appreciated. Thanks.

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    If you want a nice Savage, get an old Savage 99. Those are fine guns. These days, the Savage brand means inexpensive but very accurate rifles. They are simply made and may look a little basic, but that can have its own appeal. I have a Mk II with a heavy barrel and it is a very accurate rifle. No problem with the magazines.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    If you want a nice Savage, get an old Savage 99. Those are fine guns. These days, the Savage brand means inexpensive but very accurate rifles. They are simply made and may look a little basic, but that can have its own appeal. I have a Mk II with a heavy barrel and it is a very accurate rifle. No problem with the magazines.
    Agreed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom