SB1 (2023) - Criminal Law - Wearing, Carrying, or Transporting Firearms - Restrictions (Gun Safety Act of 2023)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Even if it means just replacing old frothing at the mouth anti2A Democrats with new frothing at the mouth anti2A Democrats. Knowing that they may not be serving another term could give them second thoughts.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I think we should start a PAC to show we are not powerless and pick them off ONE AT A TIME, just as a show of force.
    That is my feeling,, dont fight them when they are sitting in a committee chair looking down at you, as you beg to have a little of your rights,,

Fight them while THEY are begging for their jobs

BW460

Mar 8, 2012
    Even if it means just replacing old frothing at the mouth anti2A Democrats with new frothing at the mouth anti2A Democrats. Knowing that they may not be serving another term could give them second thoughts.
    This is why I am a Dino. This way I can vote against the incumbent in the primary. No hope I'll get anything better but if enough of us did it, we might send a message that they won't keep their job.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    This is why I am a Dino. This way I can vote against the incumbent in the primary. No hope I'll get anything better but if enough of us did it, we might send a message that they won't keep their job.
    Yeah, I've done that.

In my experience, the incumbent usually has a lock on the race, winning by large margins. It may make you feel like you're doing something, but if you're in MoCo it's a pipe dream.

mikem623

Jan 8, 2016
    Carney
    Made my donation to MSI today. My big question is where is the Great and Powerful NRA in this battle? As the years pass I feel that my dues and donations to the NRA were a waste of money.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    That is my feeling,, dont fight them when they are sitting in a committee chair looking down at you, as you beg to have a little of your rights,,

Fight them while THEY are begging for their jobs
    1,000%.

Now, how to do that? They don't have County Committees, they have strongholds manned with "Democracy-loving" party loyalist troops commanding uncaring serfs. MOCO, PG and Howard counties outshout the rest of the state. Until we outshout them and convert Joe/Jill GSer sitting in their kitchen, we have little hope of changing the current regime.

Hint: Have you noticed in the Annapolis rallies, the busloads of out of town/state Demanding Mommies and SEIU "workers" showing up to protest? And the media dutifully broadcasts pre-written puff pieces anout the "popular support"? It's called OPTICS. It's PSYOPs. It's how you win over "The People".

We need to figure out how to make that happen consistently or we will eventually become irrelevant. That's the point I'm trying to make.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Yeah, I've done that.

In my experience, the incumbent usually has a lock on the race, winning by large margins. It may make you feel like you're doing something, but if you're in MoCo it's a pipe dream.
    That's a fact. You can easily see who the "Anointed Ones" are by watching who gets the most fawning coverage in the local and state news. It's so obvious it's ludicrous; the Machine doesn't even try to hide it any more.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Made my donation to MSI today. My big question is where is the Great and Powerful NRA in this battle? As the years pass I feel that my dues and donations to the NRA were a waste of money.
    NRA sent out at least two mass emails as the current Kabuki farce was unfolding, so that's where they were. Not asking for money :shocking:, asking for emails, calls and testimony.

My question is "Where is the 'ever ready to sue with my money' GOA?" That should tell you something.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    NRA the membership and training entity is completely different from the NRA-ILA, your membership dues do s not pass over that threshold.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    OPINION: This describes perfectly the Maryland level too.

Quint…

Sundance-Political-Meme.jpg

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    1,000%.

Now, how to do that? They don't have County Committees, they have strongholds manned with "Democracy-loving" party loyalist troops commanding uncaring serfs. MOCO, PG and Howard counties outshout the rest of the state. Until we outshout them and convert Joe/Jill GSer sitting in their kitchen, we have little hope of changing the current regime.

Hint: Have you noticed in the Annapolis rallies, the busloads of out of town/state Demanding Mommies and SEIU "workers" showing up to protest? And the media dutifully broadcasts pre-written puff pieces anout the "popular support"? It's called OPTICS. It's PSYOPs. It's how you win over "The People".

We need to figure out how to make that happen consistently or we will eventually become irrelevant. That's the point I'm trying to make.
    If memory serves, MSI considered messaging on transit buses, radio/tv announcements…that sort of thing. Cost for so doing was prohibitive.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Yup, I stopped supporting them when they ignored the murder of a legal CCW carrier in his car in front of his child and girlfriend by police.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    OK, so now that the MGA has thrown in with NY on essentially making new "gun free zones' for any business that don't specifically post "carry allowed" signs, my question becomes how does this not become a 1A issue in addition to a 2A one? They are now telling businesses that their position needs to be counter to something that is otherwise entirely lawful by default. That seems a lot like the state speaking for a business on what their position is, given that most businesses do not have necessarily have 2A considerations at the top of their immediate list of concerns.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    PLEASE, stop worrying and just do you.
    Assuming that was directed at me - yeah, we should all just worry about "us doing us" because a ridiculously unconstitutional law was passed. "Me doing me" is one order of magnitude helluva lot less risky than someone else "just doing them" in a bluer part of the state. Sorry, that's not how the constitution works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom