SB1 (2023) - Criminal Law - Wearing, Carrying, or Transporting Firearms - Restrictions (Gun Safety Act of 2023)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    The court challenge should be interesting.

Pre-Bruen I’d bet she could get away with it. Not now.
    Problem area for me, anytime a lawyer is involved but I'm just a good old boy and the most anti 2A person on the forum so what do I know.
    She should be removed from office and publicly excoriated this Monday if you really wanted to know what I think.
    But alas, that point will only need to be argued ad nauseam in the name of gentlemanly like conduct and the hallowed halls of righteousness justice and mother may I.
    I know that.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Problem area for me, anytime a lawyer is involved but I'm just a good old boy and the most anti 2A person on the forum so what do I know.
    She should be removed from office and publicly excoriated this Monday if you really wanted to know what I think.
    But alas, that point will only need to be argued ad nauseam in the name of gentlemanly like conduct and the hallowed halls of righteousness justice and mother may I.
    I know that.
    I like simple explanations. I also see no need to follow Unconstitutional laws.

Of course, I’m not in NM

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    She really doesn’t have that, either.

If a single person is murdered in that time, she’s liable.
    Really? Do you think she'd be held personally responsible? She sure appears to have the power, even if it is illegitimate. Most gun owners will comply because we are, as has been pointed out over and over again, by and large a law abiding group. Even BS laws. Or orders. Or whatever.

Thirty days is fun. It doesn't allow much time for a lawsuit. Depends a lot on the judge, too. If things look legal sketchy to the governor, the case will quickly get mooted. If it looks like they can get away with it, the order gets extended thirty days at a time. They don't need to arrest anyone for it to have the desired chilling effect. We'll see how fast the lawsuits proceed.

Edit: because I'm typing on a phone and autocorrect got creative

Last edited:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Really? Do you think she'd be held personally responsible? She sure appears to have the power, even if it is illegitimate. Most gun owners will comply because we are, as had been pointed out over and over again, by and large a law according group. Even BS laws. Or orders. Or whatever.

Thirty days is fun. It doesn't allow much time for a lawsuit. Depends a lot on the judge, too. If things look legal sketchy to the governor, the case will quickly get mooted. If it looks like they can get away with it, the order gets extended thirty days at a time. They don't need to arrest anyone for it to have the desired coming effect. We'll see how fast the lawsuits proceed.
    No. She should be, though.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Greatawakeningdrop4908.jpg

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Really? Do you think she'd be held personally responsible? She sure appears to have the power, even if it is illegitimate. Most gun owners will comply because we are, as has been pointed out over and over again, by and large a law abiding group. Even BS laws. Or orders. Or whatever.

Thirty days is fun. It doesn't allow much time for a lawsuit. Depends a lot on the judge, too. If things look legal sketchy to the governor, the case will quickly get mooted. If it looks like they can get away with it, the order gets extended thirty days at a time. They don't need to arrest anyone for it to have the desired chilling effect. We'll see how fast the lawsuits proceed.

Edit: because I'm typing on a phone and autocorrect got creative
    There’s a reason she did it on a Friday.

Hope we hear some legal challenges by Monday.

jokie

May 27, 2020
    A in AA
    SB1 question: how will this affect air travel after 10/1? I assuming unloaded firearm can still be brought into BWI to legally check in, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom