SB1 (2023) - Criminal Law - Wearing, Carrying, or Transporting Firearms - Restrictions (Gun Safety Act of 2023)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой
    Not sure if this would be of any benefit for those interested.

New MD Firearms Legislation and how does it affect you?​

This seminar will cover the new Maryland 2023 Legislative changes effective October 1, 2023 that affect Maryland handgun permits and firearms in general, as well as applicable legal challenges. Attorneys and subject matter experts will be presenting and available for one on one discussion.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    Exactly.

We’ve made them show themselves to be the monstrous authoritarians we’ve always said they were.

We will ultimately win the day, and they deserve everything coming their way.
    I'm on the fence to whether there is enough political will on "our" side to actually win the day. We will for sure win some days but I am not sure there will ever be a day where you can go virtually anywhere anytime armed without running a foul of some tyrant's rules.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    Text as informed by history and tradition of firearms regulation at the time of the founding. Everything else is a distraction.

I believe there are applicable regulations that restrict carry in courthouses, buildings where government functions are carried out, polling places and students in upper educational facilities (UVA to prevent students from dueling).

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Text as informed by history and tradition of firearms regulation at the time of the founding. Everything else is a distraction.

I believe there are applicable regulations that restrict carry in courthouses, buildings where government functions are carried out, polling places and students in upper educational facilities (UVA to prevent students from dueling).

Schools and polling places should not be restricted, it’s bullsh*t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    None the less, history and traditions. I believe it was baked into eithr Heller or Bruin. We need to apply the standard evenly whether we agree or not.

Personally i'm willing to disarm to go vote.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'm on the fence to whether there is enough political will on "our" side to actually win the day. We will for sure win some days but I am not sure there will ever be a day where you can go virtually anywhere anytime armed without running a foul of some tyrant's rules.

In the foreseeable future , 44 states will be Con Carry , and the other 6 will resemble Maryland .

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Schools and polling places should not be restricted, it’s bullsh*t.

None the less, history and traditions. I believe it was baked into eithr Heller or Bruin. We need to apply the standard evenly whether we agree or not.

Recent history and tradition did not restrict firearms on school property.
    There are many here who recall that fact.

The Federal "Gun Free School Zone" act, passed in an emotional torrent of fear-mongering, has done nothing at all to prevent school shootings, and has done much to actually enable them.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    I predict someone is gonna' have "standing" really fast. Like maybe even the first week. Heck, first day wouldn't even surprise me.

The tyranny is supremely overconfident in themselves and I imagine they want an example BAD. Something MoCo was afraid to do.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I predict someone is gonna' have "standing" really fast. Like maybe even the first week. Heck, first day wouldn't even surprise me.

The tyranny is supremely overconfident in themselves and I imagine they want an example BAD. Something MoCo was afraid to do.

Oh they have their example in Andy from Engage. They are gonna run his name out every chance MoCo gets about how having a permit is dangerous.

And it’s sad that this is probably going to happen when his case has nothing to do concealed carry. But they’ll pound their chests and show the dangers of people running around with guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curly61

Apr 17, 2012
    This may or may not be the section I want to ask this question but here goes: Everyone knows this law is completely unconstitutional and the courts some time in the future will shoot it down, so if someone is arrested and charged with violating this fine law would that not then give that individual standing to sue the state for violating their civil rights ? Why hasn't monkey county charged anyone yet? Please educate me on this.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    MD Escapee: Mid-Tennessee
    This may or may not be the section I want to ask this question but here goes: Everyone knows this law is completely unconstitutional and the courts some time in the future will shoot it down, so if someone is arrested and charged with violating this fine law would that not then give that individual standing to sue the state for violating their civil rights ? Why hasn't monkey county charged anyone yet? Please educate me on this.
    Montgomery County Bill 21-22 Is the thread you are looking for and the answers you are looking for are there

Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой
    From attending the below yesterday. It's pretty much going to be unlawful except where posted. And apparently even specific prohibited places like all schools, day care and medical facilities...won't matter if they have this sign, still wouldn't be legal to carry. Looks like any place with a liquor license will be off limits as well, even if you're in a restaurant and not drinking.

Inform the owners of any establishment you support to start posting these signs and also complain to their lawmakers. No sign, no sale.

iu

Baltimore to charge a year in jail and $1,000 fine for possession in a 'safe space'.

New MD Firearms Legislation and how does it affect you?​

This seminar will cover the new Maryland 2023 Legislative changes effective October 1, 2023 that affect Maryland handgun permits and firearms in general, as well as applicable legal challenges. Attorneys and subject matter experts will be presenting and available for one on one discussion.

https://training.usconcealedcarry.com/class/new-md-firearms-legislation-and-how-does-it-affect-you/78aa7c56-4287-11ee-86f3-da3caa90eb5e

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom