SB1 - Injunctive relief is provided for private property, locations that sell alcohol, and public demonstrations.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    Thanks, I was curious whether the injunction impacted that current law... I AM a MSI member....

Last edited:

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    I have no idea what you are trying to say with that.....

I'm asking about CCing with a MD permit in a Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration parking lot where the outdoor emissions kiosk is.....

What he was trying to say was ... it's not OK legally. However, if you aren't going through a metal detector and can conceal, then you have a choice to make. What is more important to you. 1) avoiding legal risk by going unarmed while opening yourself up to greater risk of harm from bad guys or 2) Accepting legal risk while keeping the tools at hand to protect yourself from bad guys. There's more to it, as well. Do you comply with clearly unconstitutional and immoral government orders, or do you wish to take a moral stand? Who are you more afraid of? The state or the thugs (although, it could be argued they are often one and the same).

Some folks here will do all the WWNC, CMC, EBMD, etc... thing for asking the questions. Really, I feel it isn't unreasonable to want to know what the law is. What you do with that information is up to you.

You are a free man. Make the decision that works best for you. They both have consequences.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    What he was trying to say was ... it's not OK legally. However, if you aren't going through a metal detector and can conceal, then you have a choice to make. What is more important to you. 1) avoiding legal risk by going unarmed while opening yourself up to greater risk of harm from bad guys or 2) Accepting legal risk while keeping the tools at hand to protect yourself from bad guys. There's more to it, as well. Do you comply with clearly unconstitutional and immoral government orders, or do you wish to take a moral stand? Who are you more afraid of? The state or the thugs (although, it could be argued they are often one and the same).

Some folks here will do all the WWNC, CMC, EBMD, etc... thing for asking the questions. Really, I feel it isn't unreasonable to want to know what the law is. What you do with that information is up to you.

You are a free man. Make the decision that works best for you. They both have consequences.
    Well expressed ^^^ !

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    Thanks, I was curious whether the injunction impacted that current law... I'm a MSI member....

It can be a little confusing because Criminal Law title 4, sub-title 1, section 4-111 references the prohibition being limited to government buildings, but COMAR prohibits on the property and defines “property” as “State public buildings, improvements, grounds, and multiservice centers under the jurisdiction of the Department of General Services” which would include the surrounding property.

It is noted that COMAR references “carry”, not “possess”, so it would seem that if it is secured in a vehicle and not on a person, that would not violate COMAR, however, IANAL.

Last edited:

theo

Dec 5, 2022
    N. Baltimore County
    I saw yesterday MSI posted the case notes for the injunction and each sides reply. From how I read it, the state is NOT appealing the injunction. This is a huge win. The state must know they are going to lose because it is unconstitutional. Now we just have to wait for it to run its course through the courts. I hope I read it correctly as I am not a lawyer (?).

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    IMG_20231018_135857390.jpg

SigNerd

Feb 24, 2015
    Sign in Chick-fil-A in Bowie has a no firearms or other weapons sign inside facility. They also have armed security.

Good for them. It means nothing unless they're wanding you (or happen to notice you're carrying) and tell you to leave.

That said, there are better chicken sandwiches to be had.

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    I saw yesterday MSI posted the case notes for the injunction and each sides reply. From how I read it, the state is NOT appealing the injunction. This is a huge win. The state must know they are going to lose because it is unconstitutional. Now we just have to wait for it to run its course through the courts. I hope I read it correctly as I am not a lawyer (?).
    It is and they know it is.

After this is over,I think a wise lawsuit is to remove "duty to retreat" from the legal clause!

Last edited:

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    After being boycotted by the woke crowd for chick fil a's religious views on marriage, the gun loving crowd came to their rescue. What a stupid move to alienate the demographic of their remaining customers.
    Yes-- someone needs to "educate" the main office. If the local manager/franchise owner has ultimate control, then they need to be educated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom