SB1 - Injunctive relief is provided for private property, locations that sell alcohol, and public demonstrations.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    I'd be so against something like this. Private property rights are super important. I'd go so far as to roll back the civil rights act stuff as it applies to
    Private property. You have the right to be a dick.

However, specifically making private businesses liable for your safety should they disarm you and something happens... rights balancing can be tricky, but I feel like there might be something here. Although, perhaps it is better to just destigmatize gun ownership. Somehow. Perhaps by being less polite and grayman and hiding like we're doing something wrong.

It’s fine the way it is now. You don’t want someone on your private property then tell them to leave. If they don’t, they are committing a crime subject to arrest. Signs on your property other than Keep Out should carry no weight of law.

Even IF the Court slaps them.down, the Court will go hard left at some not too distant point, and then...
    I suspect the Democrats feel that they've had enough congressional inaction and will turn to the court for relief and the court will grant it. Then it's just a matter of weeding out those who will comply. Only a fool would. Because those of us who won't will be gone hot as soon as the order is given to start kick in doors. And those of you have complied won't be safe anymore. Not from a Democrats and not from those of us who have to defend the cowards who turn them in. You'll be stuck in the middle. I'm not speaking directly to you I'm just generalizing. They're not going to leave us alone that's for damn sure. They can't. Those at the very top of the left-wing food chain aren't going to allow that. And I'm not talking about leftist in our own government

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    They won’t give up.

We won't either (well - unless you are Mitt Romney).

I am no mittens, they would have to plant me six feet under.

No quit in you, Welder!

IMG_4749.jpeg

IMG_9514.jpeg

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    They will continue to pass "creative" legislation to circumvent the supreme Court until one of two things happen

The court slaps them down or

The political leanings of the court shifts. This is what they're counting on.

I predict the next time the political influence of the court shifts you're going to see the second amendment struck down as military and law enforcement only.

Then what?
    Form my own militia?

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    WaldstreiKKKer, the Fresh Prince, their puppet-masters the Red Mommies and their out-of-state billionaire procurers, were all laughing in their sleeves when SB-1 passed.

They all believed we didn’t have a Constitutional leg to stand on.

We do.

Our Constitution has legs of titanium.

IMG_5270.jpeg
    IMG_5008.jpeg
    IMG_5122.jpeg
    IMG_4800.jpeg
    IMG_9760.jpeg

Like the sign says: “Be Strong Defend Liberty

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Any idea why the lawsuit didn’t go after all of sb1? I know this injunction is a good thing but I don’t want the other side to make ANY progress in any locations.

TD

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Any idea why the lawsuit didn’t go after all of sb1? I know this injunction is a good thing but I don’t want the other side to make ANY progress in any locations.

TD
    The lawsuit did and then some, like state parks and forestlands, which were prohibited prior to SB1. The PI was only a partial PI on some of the places challenged in the suit.

brianrose80

Jul 8, 2010
    The lawsuit did and then some, like state parks and forestlands, which were prohibited prior to SB1. The PI was only a partial PI on some of the places challenged in the suit.
    Where can we get non-legal verbiage on what just happened? I get that we can carry still in public places and restaurants..what didn’t get overturned? I see someone mention state parks.. can we carry there now?

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads