• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    If they are smart that’s what they’ll do. That gives a year for lawsuits to give everyone an idea of what might be allowed for sensitive places without MD testing those waters. Hb824 is already a crap show, but it’ll be an uphill battle for now on it. They can then claim they’ve done things. And will do more things harder next year.
    Indeed, plus they can see what happens with the MoCo bill including the sensitive places.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    “It’s a significant victory for the people. It’s going to make us a lot safer, especially in reaction to Bruen [case] in balancing the realities of violence, gun violence, and also the realities of more guns being in public places and spaces,” he said. “I think that this is a good bill and will make us safer here in Maryland.”
    They really suck ass. Permit holders are not the problem and they know that. This doesn't do sh!t for safety. Meanwhile, they ignore the real problem and bend over backwards to protect them - the criminals.

Odarlin1

Ultimate Member
    After reading this article, it seems you may be correct about how this will play out. I guess we won't know details until the final bill as amended is released. It sounds like the list of restricted places has been reduced, but it's not clear to what extent. It also looks like a business will be required to post a "no guns" sign, which will have the force of law. In any case, the quote from Senator Smith at the end makes it sound like this will be the final bill approved by the Senate, whatever is in it.

"The amended bill would still prohibit gun owners from carrying them at places including hospitals, preschools, election polling sites and state or local government offices."

"The House also amended the penalties previously passed by the Senate for illegal wear, carry or transport of a gun. Under the amended bill, someone could face up a year in jail, a fine up to $1,000, or both. The same penalty could be imposed if a person trespasses on private property without permission or enters a property with a “a clear and conspicuous sign” that doesn’t allow for firearms."

"After Friday night’s vote, Smith said the House measure goes back to the House of Delegates and if those members agree with the Senate amendments, it would head to the desk of Gov. Wes Moore (D) for his signature.

“It’s a significant victory for the people. It’s going to make us a lot safer, especially in reaction to Bruen [case] in balancing the realities of violence, gun violence, and also the realities of more guns being in public places and spaces,” he said. “I think that this is a good bill and will make us safer here in Maryland.”

This breaking news story was updated on Saturday, April 8, at 9 a.m. "

Still plenty of infringement that MSI will need to fight, but maybe not as bad as if could have been.
    The bill was placed on Special Order until today 4/10 in the House which will convene at 12:30 pm So we need to see if the House will concur with the Senate, tho I believe the House has also amended the bill. That would mean it would need to go back to the Senate for a concurrence or a rejection - which if rejected would require a conference committee.

vbspiker

Feb 22, 2013
    The bill was placed on Special Order until today 4/10 in the House which will convene at 12:30 pm So we need to see if the House will concur with the Senate, tho I believe the House has also amended the bill. That would mean it would need to go back to the Senate for a concurrence or a rejection - which if rejected would require a conference committee.
    I don't see SB1 on the House calendar for today. Anyone know what's going on?

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    There would have to be 2nd session. Ready they got 15 days worth of bills by midnight tonight. Not in clouding special order bills could die in committee
    There will be a ton of sessions today... it's why they "bank" Legislative days, so they can ram through shit at the last minute.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    The third amendment, again. Why is nobody simply reading it out loud? IT'S ABOUT FORCED GARRISONING OF TROOPS!

FFS.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Thanks for the links. I should not have tuned in. I am getting a headache. This is ridiculous.

Odarlin1

Ultimate Member
    The third amendment, again. Why is nobody simply reading it out loud? IT'S ABOUT FORCED GARRISONING OF TROOPS!

FFS.
    Exactly. Additionally, if a Realtor needs to disclose to a potential client, the bill is essentially "redlining" for a lack of a better term, and the line drawn is having anti 2A sellers hiring only Realtors of that ilk. It's making a class bill. What happened to "equity" for all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom