• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • So for those of us that don't fully understand the outcome of this raw deal , could some of you guys chime in ... How is this going to affect the ownership of our ar-15's and others with the standard features ? How will this affect shotguns with collapsable pistol grip stocks ?How about semi auto shotguns with pistol grip stocks ? I'm sure your input would help answer a lot of questions , thanks in advance ..

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    So for those of us that don't fully understand the outcome of this raw deal , could some of you guys chime in ... How is this going to affect the ownership of our ar-15's and others with the standard features ? How will this affect shotguns with collapsable pistol grip stocks ?How about semi auto shotguns with pistol grip stocks ? I'm sure your input would help answer a lot of questions , thanks in advance ..

Stand by, it doesn't effect anything yet. It only passed the judicial committee. While that is discouraging, it still has to pass the full Senate tonight, get sent over to the House for another round of amendments and vote. Nothing is final at this stage.

Rewind

SLSC Member
    Aug 25, 2012
    Southern Calvert
    It's not a done deal it just passed committee. Still need to push agasint this hard - call and write your State representatives and House committee. And plan to grab everyone you can to march on Annapolis on both March 1st and 5th!

Shinny

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    The fat lady is only warming up, not singing yet.

Let's hope she gets laryngitis

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    This is just one piece in the puzzle.

The only thing that was done last night was to change up the PROPOSAL for the bill, and send it on the the full Senate.

Keep in mind that it still needs to be heard in the House and can be further amended there.

IMO, the HJC is a lot "friendlier" to us--and stronger advocates--than in the SJPC.

Keep the pressure up

MDphinfan02

May 12, 2012
    I heard the whole thing last night this is a done deal. Too many dems in md we are screwed sorry to be a debbie downer but i heard the entire 5 hrs last night and it is a wrap even the reps on our side were caving in and sounded clueless.... frosh laughed ppl off and was telling ppl how to vote when they were debating.... welcome to md

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    1> Would it put more pressure on the reps for each person testifying to state where they live or to idenify in which Rep's district they live?

2> Since the pro-gun reps on 21 Feb seemed to have a hard time with facts (e.g. C&R) and proposed language changes, should there be more specific recommendations made during testimony (e.g. section 123 should be changed to xyz.)

Mr H

I heard the whole thing last night this is a done deal. Too many dems in md we are screwed sorry to be a debbie downer but i heard the entire 5 hrs last night and it is a wrap even the reps on our side were caving in and sounded clueless.... frosh laughed ppl off and was telling ppl how to vote when they were debating.... welcome to md

This was just one round.

Today, begins round two. Radio ads are in place, more exposure than we've ever had... Keep pressure on the HJC, as well as your own reps. Spread the word. Print handouts from the MSI site, and [legally] distribute them. Get involved, get loud.

This is an assault on ALL Marylanders' Rights, and we should not go quietly.

Mr H

1> Would it put more pressure on the reps for each person testifying to state where they live or to idenify in which Rep's district they live?

2> Since the pro-gun reps on 21 Feb seemed to have a hard time with facts (e.g. C&R) and proposed language changes, should there be more specific recommendations made during testimony (e.g. section 123 should be changed to xyz.)

1> It never hurts to let them know where you're from... In fact, some reps are now filtering comments by district, and complaining that they are getting contacts from outside their districts. They are all receiving thousands of unique contacts... which likely means tens of thousands overall PER REP!

2> IMO, our advocates in the HJC are much more savvy and supportive than what we saw last night.

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    So for those of us that don't fully understand the outcome of this raw deal , could some of you guys chime in ... How is this going to affect the ownership of our ar-15's and others with the standard features ? How will this affect shotguns with collapsable pistol grip stocks ?How about semi auto shotguns with pistol grip stocks ? I'm sure your input would help answer a lot of questions , thanks in advance ..

As the bill stands now-

1) AR15 HBAR is generally exempt, unless fails the 2-feature test
    2) if not exempt, need to be sure MSP has your registration on file by Oct 31
    3) semi-auto shotguns are in same boat as non-HBaR AR15- check named list and features test to see if need registration
    4) pump actions shotguns not affected by bill

Frosh claims the bill does not affect transport of the banned long guns. Several of us are not so sure. I think there is a good argument that the bill bans returning banned weapons to the state after an out of state trip. Some say the bill bans transport within the state. I think we may need a court decision to settle the matter.

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Just to make a little side comment, am I the only one thinking every time I see someone mention "this is a done deal" that they have rolled over and aren't doing a damn thing to help the cause? Instead of making a demeaning comment, ramp up the fight and contact these people. Just yesterday I emailed, called everyone on the committee and blew up their facebook pages. Thats only 1 day. Keep up the fight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom