• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cyrano_oneone

Dec 15, 2011
    Columbia, MD
    SB281, the train wreck that it is, passed out of committee and is headed for a full Senate vote. Many on the committee laughed as they voted to strip you of your God given rights. Don't give up. Fight harder than ever before. We can still avert this disaster if we stick together and make our voices heard. We are far from defeated and I need each and every one of you to do your part. Drive to Annapolis and let every Senator and Delegate know where you stand. Call, email, write, fax, repeat. Spread the word to all on our side and get them involved. Do whatever you have to do to be in Annapolis on March 1st. Stand up for what is right, even if it seems that the odds are against us. This is the most critical call to action that I have issued since founding MDShooters, and I need all of you to do your part. We can win this!

I read somewhere in MDshooters we do not have a permit for March 1st and it seem to discourage us from going to Annapolis that day because the "Gun Control" crowd had a permit for that day.

How will the media tell us from the "Gun Control" crowd if we go there too?

I am confused!

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I read somewhere in MDshooters we do not have a permit for March 1st and it seem to discourage us from going to Annapolis that day because the "Gun Control" crowd had a permit for that day.

I am confused!

I'm hear you. I'm confused too...

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD

I am confused!

I'm hear you. I'm confused too...

Folks - do not let this stop you. Go to Annapolis anyway, just shift your focus from Lawyers Mall. Get into the House Office Building early, sign up to testify, and go visit your Delegates. Let their staffers know your feelings in person, it means more than any email or phone call.

mdknighthawk

Feb 16, 2013
    Laurel
    Planning on going the 1st and 5th, will be leaving from Laurel area have room for 3-4, first come first serve, will handle parking and gas, you handle bus fee from the stadium.
    Pm Me

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    An oldie but a goodie that bears repeating

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county

No one ever said don't go to Annapolis. They said don't go the Lawyers mall. Go straight to the house and sign up for your testimony. Grab a "guns save lives" or "self defense is a civil right" sticker and they won't get you mixed up with the losers.

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    "I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once more able to defend our... home, to ride out the storm... and to outlive the menace of tyranny, if necessary for years, if necessary alone.

At any rate, that is what we are going to try to do... defend to the death [our] native soil, aiding each other like good comrades to the utmost of their strength.

Even though... many old and famous States have fallen or may fall into the grip of the [tryants] and all the odious apparatus of [their] rule, we shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight... on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our [rights], whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender..."

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    An oldie but a goodie that bears repeating

unfortunately I don't see the correlation. what i see coming will dwarf what is going on in the EU and the middle east. THOSE countries have strict gun laws that prevent the citizens the right to bear arms, and look at the mess. our gubment supplied the heavy weapons to battle a heavy weaponry backed by gubment in many of those countries. ugh! and NOW our leaders feel the necessity to disarm us, the law abiding citizen if we don't agree to their terms, we shall be imprisoned and fined through the teeth. I took an oath when i joined the navy, that oath may get me killed or jailed, but at least i would have good company, having nugent as a cell mate could be entertaining. ha ha ha, if i am visited by the G-men for this comment, i will pursue a lawsuit and be difficult personally, for it is MY protected free-speech.

midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    No one ever said don't go to Annapolis. They said don't go the Lawyers mall. Go straight to the house and sign up for your testimony. Grab a "guns save lives" or "self defense is a civil right" sticker and they won't get you mixed up with the losers.

Or wear a NRA hat. That should make it pretty clear in any of their twisted video footage.

Goose Guy

Skooma lord
    Mar 29, 2010
    People's Respublik of Maryland

I am confused!

Someone mentioned blue ribbons, too. But I like the stickers better. Sends a clearer message.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Folks. Go to Annapolis on the 1st. Stay away from Lawyer's Mall - otherwise they'll count you in as a gun control person. Don't inflate their numbers. Instead, while they are out on the mall, you should be in the House building signing up to testify, visiting your Delegate, etc. That's much more useful than hanging out on the mall anyway.

bro

Feb 20, 2013
    I emailed my Senator, Bill Ferguson, and since we belong to the same church, invited him to meet after mass this weekend to discuss this bill. I know there is zero chance of this happening, but I figured it was worth the shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom