• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sev

"Vern"
    Mar 18, 2010
    formerly silver spring
    I'll be there this coming friday. First time I'll have showed up to one of these things.

But barring that, my SO and I are going to have a long talk about moving. If this passes I will move. I'm at an age in my life where nothings holding me back. She's more than welcome to come with me. Otherwise, see ya

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    That is why I suspect that we will eventually lose our rights because after all is said and done, when it really comes down to risking life and limb, career and freedom, to retain a right or liberty, despite all the talk we are nothing like the founding fathers. When push comes to shove, most people just back down.

I'm just not taking the fight TO them. (in the literal sense). I've got plenty of guns, all different types and several thousand rounds. If someone want's to threaten myself or my family, at MY house....... we can do that.

Point is, 98% of us will just go along with life anyway. I get pulled over with a "banned" firearm, they can have it, I have more and will be able to get more (just like criminals do now).

I wouldn't call it "backing down". Showing up armed in Annapolis is going to send juuuuuuust the message they would love to hear,..... we're all fvcking crazed lunatics.

vector03

Frustrated Incorporated
    Jan 7, 2009
    Columbia
    I wouldn't call it "backing down". Showing up armed in Annapolis is going to send juuuuuuust the message they would love to hear,..... we're all fvcking crazed lunatics.

It's ironic. A group elected to represent us and uphold our rights end up calling us lunatics while they take those rights away as we contest it.

You're not wrong though.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Guys I basically lurk on this board and don't post but I was at the Senate hearing on Feb 6, and have been a hunter and casual target shooter since I was 14 and a law abiding gun owner my entire adult life (I'm 40).

It seems to me that the real problem we face is that the opposition is constantly, consistently, and tirelessly pushing forward their agenda. They are aggressive and they "reach for the stars" with their legislation knowing that they won't get everything they want but that they will get more of what they want the more aggressive they are. Our side is losing these battles because our response to this assault is essentially a defensive/holding action. Its pretty much doomed from the outset.

Where has there ever been an equally aggressive assault on these liberal, anti-Constitution ideas from our side? What legislation are we putting forward to make pre-emptive strikes on bills like SB281 and people like Frosh, Raskin, Muse and others? What aggressive action are we taking to shore up our rights? As far as I know, none. We are just waiting for them to attack and then trying to mount a defense. It's been a long, long time since we had the initiative.

I think overwhelming them with law suits and legislation would be aggressive. I think 10,000 men with black rifles appearing in Annapolis one day would also be aggressive. But if we just sit back and wait to repel the boarders, well one day, sooner or later, we're just going to get boarded. Maybe that day has already arrived.

IMO, with exception of your last paragraph, you're pretty much spot on.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    This has only strengthened my resolve to be in Annapolis on the 1st.

I will not tap out, I will not give up until the bell rings.

United We Stand, Divided, We're F*cked.

MH

Sent from my workbench, littered with Corona bottles.

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    WAMU just had Mike Miller on in a story. He said he has never been fingerprinted in his life, and if he personally had to choose he would rather go to VA and get a handgun (illegally) before giving his prints to any government agency. Holy cow!

He then said he thought SB281 would pass.:rolleyes:

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    I'm just not taking the fight TO them. (in the literal sense). I've got plenty of guns, all different types and several thousand rounds. If someone want's to threaten myself or my family, at MY house....... we can do that.

Point is, 98% of us will just go along with life anyway. I get pulled over with a "banned" firearm, they can have it, I have more and will be able to get more (just like criminals do now).

I'm of the same mind.

I dont see how that could be enforced in your case. Your a member of the Armed Forces are you not? Your on Deployment as part of your contractual obligation of service to your country.

Doesn't matter to this state.
    I was in the Gulf in Feb 91 when my tags expired on my vehicle.
    Even though I was stationed out of Connecticut, I still had residency in Md.
    They had no problem charging me state income tax, even though I hadn't set a foot in the state in over a year.
    Then when my tags expired on deployment, it took me 2 months before I could get home to renew them (online or mail was not an option then...had to be done in person).
    When I finally renewed them, 2 months later, I had 100s of dollars in fines, before they would renew the tags.
    DMV wouldn't budge.,,but the state and county had no problems collecting my taxes.
    Md has always been a bunch of f**kheads, when it comes to support of its active military members.

Knuckle66

One of the 365
    Mar 11, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I know it's been said before but elections have consequences. We need to vote these people out of office. They think they are permanent but they are not and it's time to send them their walking papers and TAKE OUR STATE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

P226RN

Not your average girl
    Jun 28, 2010
    my email to those in favor

Strength of Character...
    Sorry that you don't have it. Sorry that you didn't support the law abiding citizens of this state and their 2nd amendment rights.
    Sorry that you will never have the support of myself, my family, my friends and the gun owners of this state in any future endeavors.

You are a disappointment to us all and do not deserve to represent the people. The antics of the committee lack night were disgusting. You treated this bill as a laughable and unimportant.
    You are here to serve the people and you did nothing but serve yourself.

Shameful.

WAMU just had Mike Miller on in a story. He said he has never been fingerprinted in his life, and if he personally had to choose he would rather go to VA and get a handgun (illegally) before giving his prints to any government agency. Holy cow!

He then said he thought SB281 would pass.:rolleyes:

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Don't be fooled by this ass.
    He is a close friend of my old boss.
    In 94 he pushed Md's version of the AWB (the one we have now) right through the state Congress, on the heels of the Federal AWB.
    Mike Miller routed the bill to the mostly liberal Environmental Affairs Committee to ensure a floor vote, and bypass the regular committee.
    The 94 version he pushed, originally had licensing requirements in it, but these were removed later to get it to pass.
    He has switched tactics, so like Harry Reid at the Federal level, he can come out smelling clean upon any passage of this steaming turd.
    Looking like he may have been against it, even though he will be jumping for joy if it passes.
    He is a wolf in sheep's clothing. An ultra liberal lawyer, that claims to be a "good old boy" from Southern Md.
    He's just about as much "a good old boy", as Steny, another douche that will throw us under the bus in seconds, for the furtherment of his "haves and have-nots" agenda.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I get pulled over with a "banned" firearm, they can have it, I have more
    they will come get your others and you'll be in the paper, the next Crofton Joker.

Where has there ever been an equally aggressive assault on these liberal, anti-Constitution ideas from our side? What legislation are we putting forward to make pre-emptive strikes on bills like SB281 and people like Frosh, Raskin, Muse and others? What aggressive action are we taking to shore up our rights? As far as I know, none. We are just waiting for them to attack and then trying to mount a defense. It's been a long, long time since we had the initiative.
    We sued Md/Omalley for no Carry (for us peons) and won. Pretty huge blow to them.

downforthecause

refugee from communist MD
    Nov 13, 2009
    I've soul searched as I believe many of you probably have/are doing, and I've come to a few conclusions I'd like to vent. The first being, this agenda will pass so long as we play the politically correct card, i.e: the conformist/ complacent card. This common thought of, "but what will people think?" was the leftists best designed tool aside from disguising bad as good or being of something beneficial. As many pre-generated emails that I recieved in response from these traitors to our constitution, I find it hard to believe that ANY of them tremble at the thought of a spirited email or angry phone call. The bottom line is, this battle that's being waged on us is going to be fought-as it has on their side, in inches. It is the ONLY way they could succeed with it! This is the single biggest defining moment, right NOW. Period. The most efficient defensive weapons available to us are being banned. Some where along the line we need to dig our heels in, or roll over and take what's coming. If you're oblivious to what's coming, go re-examine history in the past century.

-if civil unrest were to occur, guess what...Martial Law has just became justifiable, those in power will indefinitely maintain it. Pretty appealing for a tyrannical leader huh?

-if the citizens who normally back police suddenly fear their presence...chaos is feet away, and suddenly it's the enforcers and only the enforcers vs. many. That's not to say though, the enforcers would be at a disadvantage, they have tax dollars at their disposal, nobody to answer to, and excellent equipment.

-Any sort of civil unrest would surely be attended to, at least at first, by government entities. People whom discuss this subject seem to bring up something like this, "well I don't think people would do that, there are alot of good people in the government" or something to that effect...which I agree with totally. BUT, Those people have families, they have carnal urges, they love, care for, and provide for others. When it comes down to a paycheck, food on their table, prison, or something they can morally justify... there is no telling what the outcome could be...look how society already is. Think about it.

We have 2 viable options as I see it:

1.) Draw the line, commit. Either sell your guns, because they will have them, or defend the rights born to you. If this passes, you will concede or be a criminal. Where you stop with that dedication is up to you.

2.) Move. Move somewhere where we still have a voice, and work to build it into a safe haven of our constitutional rights, and the morals it was centered on so things don't ever get to the point they have in this state. The way I see it, I'm going to fight the fight here for you guys and my family here, but I'm gone ASAP anyway. All too appealing out west.

zich6

Apr 10, 2012
    Germantown
    I was sent an e-mail from senator Jensen asking for strategies to help our cause. Specifically, what amendments can we offer that will help doom the bill. This was my reply:

Be constructive people. Here is my list:
    1. Exempting heavily investigated handgun permit holders (HGPH) from all requirements, like they do for police and military.
    2. Striking “schools” from the restriction regarding where HGPH can carry weapons.
    3. Establish a “Safe Schools” program that will allow either current or former law enforcement officers, or HGPH to guard schools while armed.

The past is the past. We must move on with the best strategy we can. I for one refuse to give up. I will fight until there is nothing more to fight for.

I encourage all of you to develop your own strategy and send it to those who you deem appropriate.

Keep fighting.

Tim

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    I was sent an e-mail from senator Jensen asking for strategies to help our cause. Specifically, what amendments can we offer that will help doom the bill. This was my reply:

Be constructive people. Here is my list:
    1. Exempting heavily investigated handgun permit holders (HGPH) from all requirements, like they do for police and military.
    2. Striking “schools” from the restriction regarding where HGPH can carry weapons.
    3. Establish a “Safe Schools” program that will allow either current or former law enforcement officers, or HGPH to guard schools while armed.

The past is the past. We must move on with the best strategy we can. I for one refuse to give up. I will fight until there is nothing more to fight for.

I encourage all of you to develop your own strategy and send it to those who you deem appropriate.

Keep fighting.

Tim

Shoot...

I would be happy with just modifying the wait/background situation, for the moment.

If anyone possesses any or all of: LTCH/CCW from any state, MD Designated Collector (yes, they'd probably tighten that up, but that's OK IMO), NRA Instructor (or equivalent), or LEOSA status, then "Regulated" firearms would be subject to ONE background check per calendar year, on the first purchase that year, with no 30-day requirement.

That'd make me happy until we could really be 'free'

(I do like your list, a lot... I just forgot to start with that!!!)

First post here.. to think we wont raise lawsuits on the HELLER abridgment is one thing.
    but to say that then they co-opt our ideas and say yeah "crazy people " should be regulated is vacant, false, and just disingenuous, to say the least.

2014 we need to kick out the ones we can.. Frosh is stuck in bethesda, deeply entrenched and not easy to get out.
    I've worked in bethesda, they are amongst some of the very DUMBEST people it has been my misfortune to encounter.

the bit about ballot box to ammo box...is kinda weak in a blue ass state such as this....the part the really tweaks me is my wife is gov employee since high school and cant leave her position, and we just bought a damn house. so her commute isnt negotable.

man.. do I truly hate liberals.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I was sent an e-mail from senator Jensen asking for strategies to help our cause. Specifically, what amendments can we offer that will help doom the bill.
    1. Go straight after the fingerprinting/training requirement. With Miller opposed to that, I think it feasible to get it amended out on the floor.
    1a. Exemption for anyone holding a CCW issued by ANY state.
    2. Formal definition of just what constitutes training. Which should expressly include NRA instruction.

WiseOldMan53

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 5, 2013
    Frederick MD
    Don't be fooled by this ass... In 94 he pushed Md's version of the AWB (the one we have now) right through the state Congress, on the heels of the Federal AWB. Mike Miller routed the bill to the mostly liberal Environmental Affairs Committee to ensure a floor vote, and bypass the regular committee....

gulfwarsubvet speaks the truth! Mike Miller is the mold they use to make POS.

In those days we pretty much had JPR all wrapped up to where nothing would get out. So, they wrote a small bill that they could later use to hang all the AWB amendments on (it's called a Christmas Tree). There was a short one-sentence line in the building code that forbids bringing a firearm into a legislative building. They purposed a change to have it read, "or an assault weapon." Building bills are assigned to the Environmental Affairs Committee. There they hung all the amendments on the Christmas Tree until it was the AWB and passed it out to the full senate.

On the day it went to a vote on the full senate floor and passed - the place was packed. I was there in the balcony... at least, I was there until Fat Larry Toliver and some other MSP removed me and my friend for the flag thing...:innocent0

This is what we're up against.... AGAIN.
    Do not take them lightly and do not be fooled AGAIN.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom