• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paperwork351

no error code for stupid
    Mar 7, 2008
    Gaithersburg
    I'm trying to answer someone's question about transporting into MD by finding the text of SB281 concerning magazines. My search functions are too weak to find this. Heck, I can't find the text of SB281 right now. The person is participating in a match and is coming from VA and I would like to have the text as part of my reply. I will make him aware of not entering Wash DC or driving on the federal parkway roads if the parkways are still a concern. Any other tips would be appreciated. He sez he is aware of the unloaded/separate transport stuff.

paperwork351

edit this is for pistols.

Last edited:

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    Possession is not prohibited

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

paperwork351

no error code for stupid
    Mar 7, 2008
    Gaithersburg
    Actually pasting the section is a nice touch rather than saying "yes, it's ok." In the real America it's no problem but since it Maryland there's the image of checkpoints and border guards.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'm not getting a clear understanding from the first post as to weather the person will be traveling Through Md ( and onto final destination ) , or INTO Md ( Md being the destination ).

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Actually pasting the section is a nice touch rather than saying "yes, it's ok." In the real America it's no problem but since it Maryland there's the image of checkpoints and border guards.

The only thing that changed with magazines is the current limit of "20" will be changed to "10." No need to paste a section, as you have stated you already re d Thelma's and couldn't find it (if it isn't in the law then it isn't against the law).

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    At least in the variopus ways I was visualizing the potential paramenters of the OP, it might make a difference. To vastly oversimplify, Md law is much more laid backas to mode of transport , but hyper restrictive over the alowable reasons to be transporting. Federal Law is inclusive as to reason to be transporting , but a bit specific on method.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    And they can be carried loaded, no matter what other BS you hear.

Attachments

• MD AG Opinion Loaded mags.pdf
      37.5 KB · Views: 61

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    At least in the variopus ways I was visualizing the potential paramenters of the OP, it might make a difference. To vastly oversimplify, Md law is much more laid backas to mode of transport , but hyper restrictive over the alowable reasons to be transporting. Federal Law is inclusive as to reason to be transporting , but a bit specific on method.

I believe the only transport restrictions in MD law are for handguns

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom