• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    See previous post. Don't even think low-end Chinese for a SCAR. Aimpoint PRO is the best value.

rivertamer

Apr 7, 2012
    MARYLAND
    Aimpoint pro....I see a pattern forming...lol
    Great value, only reason to spend more is if your ass is on the line everyday.
    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

RealtorMatt

+1 Aimpoint Pro

I'll be honest... I feel as though aimpoint (from a business standpoint) shot themselves in the foot with the PRO. It is such a great red dot, I literally cannot justify the difference between it and the CompM4/s or the T1... unless you really need the weight difference of the compact nature of the T1, I don't see the need for any Aimpoint red dot now besides the PRO. It is really such a great value for the money.

mdvctry

Follow Me @DukesDefense
    Nov 10, 2011
    +1 Aimpoint Pro

I'll be honest... I feel as though aimpoint (from a business standpoint) shot themselves in the foot with the PRO. It is such a great red dot, I literally cannot justify the difference between it and the CompM4/s or the T1... unless you really need the weight difference of the compact nature of the T1, I don't see the need for any Aimpoint red dot now besides the PRO. It is really such a great value for the money.

+1 exactly

LineofSight

MSI Member, NRA Member
    Oct 4, 2010
    All OVER
    +1 Aimpoint Pro

They went this route for local law enforcement who are on right budgets. I think it's great of a company to provide a great product at a lower price from its comparative models. If the PRO does the job you need it too, no need to upgrade to the more expensive sights they offer.

Why not use a magnified optic to get the full potential of the 308?

jmira

VA Rocks.
    Mar 25, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    the only problem with the PRO is the QRP mount. it can get in the way of the reciprocating charging handle if placed on the left side..

I would go with a larue or ADM mount on a PRO..

edit: imagine pulling back on the charging handle and getting caught in that knob.. anyway.. I can take pics tomorrow if you want a visual..

MovingFusion

Dec 29, 2012
    Aimpoint Pro even over a Trijicon ACOG? I was thinking of eventually getting a Trijicon ACOG for my 17S.

Well he said he was looking for a RDS, not an ACO/ Variable Scope.

+1 Aimpoint PRO...just a great value. I have issues with the knob as well, but the Tango Down charging handle fixes the clearance issue for me.

baconsandwich

master of the obvious
    Apr 20, 2013
    Baltimore City
    Yet another +1 for the Aimpoint PRO. Best value out there by a landslide, and it works great.

The mount is really not a problem. If you have a clearance issue with the charging handle just reverse the mount so the knob is on the other side.

peace

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2011
    AACo
    The recoil impulse of the SCAR 17 eats EO Techs and even magnified optics like the Swarovski Z6. Aimpoint is the way to go.

I disagree I ran an EOTECH without issue and the EOTECH offers a greater FOV and more comfortable eye relief than an AIMPOINT hands down.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    You can't go wrong with the Aimpoint and EoTec as others have mentioned.

If you're budget restrained, I have the Vortex Strikefire on my AR and it has worked very well do me. I can't vouch for its ruggedness compared to the high end, but the optics are good and Vortex tends to have quality scopes.

The one negative that I've noted is at higher intensity levels the dot loses a bit of its definition

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    BuffaloBrent

Latest threads

Top Bottom