• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    There is no need to be the first kid on the block with this new toy.... I'll take a wait and see approach on this one.

The proprietary mag is also a current concern for me at this time.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    There is no need to be the first kid on the block with this new toy.... I'll take a wait and see approach on this one.

The proprietary mag is also a current concern for me at this time.

+1

There is a drool factor, but with the price tag, can't hurt to see smoke clear a bit.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I like it but honestly what will it do that my Ar's won't. Plus I can fix any Ar problem in seconds and fix any breakage myself. Not to mention all the training and practice. I just don't see the need to switch platforms other than the "cool" factor. I may just build a 6.8 Ar if I feel the need for something new.

TBAGRR

Feb 12, 2009
    Edgewater
    i would like to have one of these but not for 3k!!!! i would like a sweet semi .308 however i can build something else for much cheaper!!!!

boatbiologist

Nov 6, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I like it but honestly what will it do that my Ar's won't. Plus I can fix any Ar problem in seconds and fix any breakage myself. Not to mention all the training and practice. I just don't see the need to switch platforms other than the "cool" factor. I may just build a 6.8 Ar if I feel the need for something new.

It shoots 7.62, which I have stockpiled for too long and need to start depleating. The SCAR 17 or RFB would help. I don't want to start hoarding new calibers. I have trouble keeping up with the ones I already have.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church

Having handled a few SCARs at gun shows etc, I think they are more handy/ergonomic than the AR. The selector is easier to use, ambi mag catch, better placement for charging handle. There is a slightly different manual of arms but it was designed with the US military in mind, so it couldn't be too far from M16/M4 platform manual of arms to reduce adaptation time, I would think.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Having handled a few SCARs at gun shows etc, I think they are more handy/ergonomic than the AR. The selector is easier to use, ambi mag catch, better placement for charging handle. There is a slightly different manual of arms but it was designed with the US military in mind, so it couldn't be too far from M16/M4 platform manual of arms to reduce adaptation time.

Time will tell for sure. I really like FN but being an early adopter almost always sucks.

boatbiologist

Nov 6, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    They make .308 Ar's

I have thought about it. Don't know why, but the AR10 doesn't do anything for me.

I kind of like the AR10B with the charge handle inside the carry handle. Reminds me of a toy machine gun I had as a kid. That one could get me at a weak moment. Fortunately, there aren't many around.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I'm actually saving for one. I hope it lives up to its hype. I have a couple of M1A EBRs that shoot 1/2 MOA with Military ball ammo( 100 yards). And I can build those with optics for less. mags are also easier to obtain.

Attachments

• Suppressed-MK14-SEI-USN-Mod-0.jpg
      Suppressed-MK14-SEI-USN-Mod-0.jpg
      28.3 KB · Views: 200
    • EMR.jpg
      EMR.jpg
      26.4 KB · Views: 202

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    $3500 for an unproven battle rifle? Not enough info on performance, accuracy, bugs and all that pertinent stuff. At that price, I'm expecting MOA accuracy and super reliability. I'll get one when the price drops to about 2.5K and an all black model comes out.

Still concerned about the mags... What is up with that proprietary BS?

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    $3500 for an unproven battle rifle? Not enough info on performance, accuracy, bugs and all that pertinent stuff. At that price, I'm expecting MOA accuracy and super reliability. I'll get one when the price drops to about 2.5K and an all black model comes out.

Still concerned about the mags... What is up with that proprietary BS?

I'm a little confused by your previous post and this one. Are you saving for a rifle you aren't sure you wanna buy?

Idempotent

Zombies' Worst Nightmare
    Apr 12, 2010
    Can someone point me to the difference between this and the ACR? They look virtually identical. And the ACR is definitely cheaper.

About the only difference I can find is that the ACR is only chambered in 5.56 while this SCAR is chambered in 7.62, which, admittedly, is a bit of a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom