• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gmkoh

Feb 26, 2013
    Annapolis
    Isn't there a provision in SB281 that makes semi auto centerfire Rifles with OAL less than 29" banned?
    The Tavor's OAL is less than 29". So if the Tavor is to be legal, one would have to put a longer stock on it or pin a longer compensator on the barrel.
    What I am not clear on is whether the OAL is measured with the stock (collapsible or folding) in the shortest configuration.
    If it is in the folded or collapsed configuration, the .30 cal M1 carbine with the paratrooper folding stock will be banned.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    I seriously doubt anyone is going to be prosecuted for a FSC break UNLESS you are doing something illegal that gets the attention of the MSP.

As bad as MD is I don't see MSP sending troopers to the range to do a flash hider check. And even if they did they would have to prove you had your SCAR after 10/1 for it to matter. Thats a lot of crap to do for an agency that is already stretched thin.

That's a non-issue. If you own it prior to 10/1 it's legal. The questions surround whether or not it will be legal to purchase after 10/1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom