• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G O B

Ultimate Member
    Nov 17, 2007
    Cen TX
    Everyone seems to have left this part of the website, it is cold and lonely here. IM SCARED - GUESS i'LL RUN AWAY TOO.

:innocent0:innocent0

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Slowly buying the press and jigs as time and money allow. I've should be able to start "building" by October-maybe even have a kit ready to shoot at the Forum event, if I can make it. I will post when I have most of the stuff and maybe we can put something together as Numidian will be away at college for the next couple of years.....:sad20:

Temporary thread hi-jack----- does anyone have any time period set for the FAL build party? I've got all the pieces and parts - just not any tools.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    I've got most of the tools for the metric FAL build.

We need to set up another ak session that's for sure! My kits are half built and lonely!

I need to drill out the trigger guards, pull the barrel and do the front trunnion and then I can start re building....

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    I should have the press within two weeks. I already have the trigger guard jig and barrel press kit. I plan on ordering restoreit's bolt cutter rivet tool and possibly his long rivet tool as well (cheaper than AK Builder's stuff). I'll be ready for the AK and FAL builds in October or DEFINITELY after the elections when I free up.

We need to set up another ak session that's for sure! My kits are half built and lonely!

I need to drill out the trigger guards, pull the barrel and do the front trunnion and then I can start re building....

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    I forgot to mention - I already have the drill press. I really just need the riveting tools and the press and we'll be ready to go.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    What more do you need for the FAL build? I have everything for barrelling the FAL.

I need to refinish my parts and am planning on picking up a harbor freight blasting cabinet. Other thatn that, I have everything for a metric. I need to rethread the alignment tool for the inch build (assuming DSA builds the receiver this year....)

gibby

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2007
    Bel Air, MD
    I have the chemicals for parkerizing. Wish I had the space for a blasting cabinet. Count me in for the next build date for the AKs.

Bang

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2008
    Baltimore Co.
    Everyone seems to have left this part of the website, it is cold and lonely here. IM SCARED - GUESS i'LL RUN AWAY TOO.

:innocent0:innocent0

Do not worry G O B, I hear the people in the Official AR15 picture thread are gearing up to come rescue you. Help is on the way, just hang in there.;)

G O B

Ultimate Member
    Nov 17, 2007
    Cen TX
    I have mine finished. Jas and I banged them out in my garage. I do have a homemade triggerguard jig if you guys need it, I just started this thread because there has to be a bunch of kits out there that need a "round tuit". I also have a homemade rivet buck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom