• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Plainolme

Sep 16, 2010
    Severna Park, MD
    Ok,
    I need some branches removed and a tree taken down. I need this to be legit and not some Bozo with a chainsaw. I know that Licensed Tree Experts are licensed through the DNR. In order to get the license you must have experience and liability and property damage insurance. Is there anything else I should be looking for? Also, does any have a business here or a recommendation? Thanks!

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Do you want the stump ground? Do you wan the wood hauled away? Cut into fireplace sized chunks? Is the location going to require special equipment? These are all things that are going to affect the price and limit who will/can do it. Have neighbors who also need tree work? Maybe you can work a deal.

The people we use seem cheaper but you kind of have to wait until they have more than one job in an area to make it worthwhile for them to come to you.

Plainolme

Sep 16, 2010
    Severna Park, MD
    The guy I normally use isn't licensed or insured so I won't recommend him.:innocent0.Going by the addy in your sig,WD Olsen (Dan)or CK Abbott (Buzzy) for legit.

Yeah I am the sadme but I have a MASSIVE branch that extends completely over the neighbors house. Needless to say, I need legit.

shooter56

Aug 28, 2015
    I'm sure Unlimbited does fine work but I did not like their high pressure sales pitch tactic. They were in my neighborhood doing work on another property and one of their "salesmen" went door to door to all the other homes offering their services. We all have 2 acre wooded lots. I do my own tree work including climbing but decided to play along. They first quoted an astronomical price but then later in the conversation the price came down and the pressure to do the work went up. I finally had to become assertive and nearly about to get rude to get them to leave. May not be their normal way of doing business but that was my experience.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Bay Tree Service gave me the best price. I would get a couple prices from people who are recommended here.
    I am near you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom