• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Butcher

May 3, 2005
    Owings Mills
    i'm getting a CZ 452 within the next week or so, and i was wondering what's a "good" scope to get in the $225-$250 ballpark. i want the MOA adjustments to be as fine as possible for varmint hunting up to 150 yards (possibly out to 200 yards) and i want at least a 40mm objective incase i'm out shooting in low light conditions. thanks for your advice!

pistolpete

May 3, 2005
    Owings Mills
    Scope help

My philosophy on almost everything I buy is Quality before Quantity. I did not follow this idea when I bought the Tasco 6-24x42 scope for my 425. Not that I do not like it, it was more about not pissing of the wife because I have been buying a lot of stuff lately.
    Anyway if I were buying a new scope for it, I would look at Leupold, Nikon, and Burris. I would think anything 9 or higher would be fine as far as power goes(quality first). My Tasco has a mil dot recticle and I love it. Thing is, might be hard to find a mil dot in a less expensive scope from the three manufactures I suggested.
    Good Luck Bitcher,
    PistolPete

I meant, Good Luck Butcher…………………………. :party29:
    remenber, you can use my old 3-9x32 until you get your scope

Butcher

May 3, 2005
    Owings Mills
    thanks again for lending me the 3-9x, but i really dont wanna hold onto it too long. i feel weird borrowing from other people. i like to buy my own stuff you know? leupold is probably gonna break the bank :( i'll research prices tonight. care to save me some time and list the manufacturer websites of those scopes?

Butcher

May 3, 2005
    Owings Mills
    nikon and burris were WAY out of my price range for what magnification i was lookin for. ended up gettin the Leupold Rifleman 4-12x40mm per your suggestion :P should be here by next week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom