• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Atec

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    Maryland
    Okay I just finished lapping scope rings . And installed the top scope ring covers . Four screws in each . Well I dropped one screw and it vaporized in mid air . So I have four screws in front , and 3 in rear.
    Would I be safe sighting this rifle in or is there a chance scope could move , At sixty bucks a box for ammo I don't want to waist it ?

Ruger M77 Hawkeye 375 Ruger.

The law of gravity does not apply at
    my home for some reason . I will call Ruger on Monday to see if they can send one but would like to site it in Sunday .

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    well i was gonna say it prob wouldn't be a problem, but with a .375 who knows, i guess i would wait.

sure you did, but make sure the screw isn't lost in the action or magwell somewhere...

Atec

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    Maryland
    well i was gonna say it prob wouldn't be a problem, but with a .375 who knows, i guess i would wait.

sure you did, but make sure the screw isn't lost in the action or magwell somewhere...

I was putting lock tite on each screw and set the torque wrench up . When it fell it was off the tip right on floor , I have spent hours looking for it . :mad54:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    No. Uneven force will not be desired. Call the MFG and get a screw or go to ACE hardware and buy a complete set.

Loctite is also not needed for ring clamping screws. Just degrease and torque to specs. Youll regret loctite on scope rings if you ever need to adjust or remove the scope.

Add Rosin to the rings to add some bite, especialy after lapping you opened up the journals. Lapping isnt optimal in most cases unless the rings are severly out of spec.

Atec

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    Maryland
    Thanks Chad
    I used the lite locktite I hope the screws don't strip if I ever have to remove them . I am going to attempt the install of the recoil pad so I don't waist any more time .

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    wait until 3 am walk through the house half asleep with no shoes , you will find the screw stuck in your foot .

Don't shoot it get another screw .

Atec

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    Maryland
    I'm going to mail you one of those $2 magnetic dishes from Harbor Freight. ;)

I need one ! lol

No change that to eight , one for each screw.

I am starting to install recoil pad now . The hair is standing up on the back of my neck ! One mistake and my new stock is going to look not so good!:shocked3:

Elgan

NRA Endowment Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Harford County
    Aside from the magnetic ashtrays for spare parts, Home Depot also sells those magnetic "brooms" (what I call them, anyway - a strip of magnet on a pole for sweeping across the floor and under couches, cabinets, tool chests, etc.).

Glad you found the missing screw, and I guess I'll be the first to say it :):

:needpics:

Atec

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    Maryland
    the heck with the gun pic, i wanna see the pick of him on his arse after shooting that beast of a gun!!

The Kick wont bother me , I shoot a win Mag 338 a good bit .But getting slapped with the scope above the eye scares the hell out of me.

Taking my Savage 338 Laupa and Ruger 375 to range tomorrow. I hope !
    It will be the first time shooting either one .:D

mr bullseye

bullseye
    Nov 1, 2012
    New Midway
    just curious what model savage in the 338 Lapua do you have? my dad bought the model 110 long range hunter and im considering buying one myself but im curious on whats the most comfortable model to shoot because we both shoot our 300 win mags and 45-70 govt all the time and i also have a 300 rum and none of those bother me but talkin to him about his 338 lapua he said his 300 win compared to the lapua is like a 22lr to a 30-06, how close is the recoil from yurs?

Atec

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    Maryland
    Aside from the magnetic ashtrays for spare parts, Home Depot also sells those magnetic "brooms" (what I call them, anyway - a strip of magnet on a pole for sweeping across the floor and under couches, cabinets, tool chests, etc.).

Glad you found the missing screw, and I guess I'll be the first to say it :):

:needpics:

I have to finish fitting recoil pad yet.

Attachments

• Ruger 375.jpg
      Ruger 375.jpg
      69.5 KB · Views: 83

mr bullseye

bullseye
    Nov 1, 2012
    New Midway
    :party29:
    Its the Savage 110 BA . I have not shot it yet so I can not really give you any info on it. Let me get my desk clear I was going to post a picture anyway. I need to mount scope tonight.

:party29: the one my dad bought basically looks just like a standard model 110 but has the cheek piece and the muzzle break, what area are you from? I'd love to see you shoot the lapua at the range, and what scope are you you mounting on it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom