• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    So, Scotusblog appears to be wrong there is no conference May 8th.

The next one appears to be May 15th.

I dont trust the entries on their calendar now so I am not sure when the next one is after the 15th.

The SCOTUS website shows there is a conference on the 8th.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    It's labelled as an "Opinion Day"

On the main page on the calendar it shows the 8th with a green box which is marked as a conference day.

Yeah I see that now.

The original calendar official calendar suggests its may 14th, not the 15th. (https://www.supremecourt.gov/oral_arguments/calendarsandlists.aspx), and there was never a May 8th conference.

But there are no cases scheduled for a anything except a May 15th conference:

https://certpool.com/conferences

Clear as mud!

No cases have been relisted that I can find (of any cases, not just our ten).. for any date, let alone this Friday the 8th. Usually they are relisted by now, except when the conference is not for a while... usually relists happen about 4 business days before the next conference. No relists also suggests no Friday the 8th conference.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Yeah I see that now.

The original calendar official calendar suggests its may 14th, not the 15th. (https://www.supremecourt.gov/oral_arguments/calendarsandlists.aspx), and there was never a May 8th conference.

Clear as mud!

No cases have been relisted that I can find (of any cases, not just our ten).. for any date, let alone this Friday the 8th. Usually they are relisted by now, except when the conference is not for a while... usually relists happen about 4 business days before the next conference. No relists also suggests no Friday the 8th conference.

I'm thinking this is nothing more than clerical at this point. SCOTUS' own website along with SCOTUSBLOG is saying it's the 8th.
    Things may just be slowed down because the clerks may be doing everything remotely now. Who knows.

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    Yeah I see that now.

Clear as mud!

There probably is some confusion due schedule changes. They were supposed to have all the cases argued by now (see original schedule), but that did not happen. They are currently having rescheduled arguments this week and next week. They always have a conference the Friday after arguments to discuss and decide what to do about the opinion. The revised schedule reflects this. The lack of relist could be from a clerical error due to the changes in the schedule. They may have also pushed off the discussion of new cases until next week.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    There probably is some confusion due schedule changes. They were supposed to have all the cases argued by now (see original schedule), but that did not happen. They are currently having rescheduled arguments this week and next week. They always have a conference the Friday after arguments to discuss and decide what to do about the opinion. The revised schedule reflects this. The lack of relist could be from a clerical error due to the changes in the schedule. They may have also pushed off the discussion of new cases until next week.

Well, we are confused. I highly doubt that the Justices are!

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Not that we are relying on her vote for cert but it’s breaking news that RBG is being hospitalized again.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    Cases relisted for the 15th wont be shown as relisted on the docket until Monday - 4 business days prior is the usual practice.

I think that the 8th is showing up because someone put a "recurrence" item on the calendar and does not know how to skip a week. Although, someone did point out up-thread, there is usually a conference after oral arguments, so perhaps the 8th is just for that, not to consider petitions.

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    Cases relisted for the 15th wont be shown as relisted on the docket until Monday - 4 business days prior is the usual practice.

I think that the 8th is showing up because someone put a "recurrence" item on the calendar and does not know how to skip a week. Although, someone did point out up-thread, there is usually a conference after oral arguments, so perhaps the 8th is just for that, not to consider petitions.

It is not a recurrence item issue. If you look at the original calendar they always have a Friday conference after they hold an oral argument that week. To make up for the arguments that were cancelled in March and April, the court added arguments this week and next week. They then added two Friday conference on the 8th and 15th so they can decide who writes the opinion in the argued cases. There was a conference that was scheduled for the 14th that is no longer on the schedule (They typically move the conference to Thursdays in May and June).

I see two possibilities: one that there is some kind of mix up due to the changes in the schedule, and the other is that they are not going to discuss other cases on the 8th.

Master_P

May 27, 2015
    And it was a very good brief. It pointed out why Rogers cannot be mooted, vs cases from MA or CA.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom