• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DEVE

Jan 15, 2019
    DELMARVA
    Does todays decision affect anything regarding DE’s CCW permitting process? Perhaps creating fewer hoops to jump through?
    I for one am not a fan of the process. Needing forms filled out by other people (like permission slips), and having to put your info in the damned newspaper? What’s up with that?
    I’m not originally from here, so none of this seems “normal” to me at all.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    The answer to your question is "who knows" at this point.

We have to wait for the DE AG to make her statement. Yesterday she was in DC dicking around with KowMalla on the upcoming Abortion decision.

I'm thinking that the 5 letters (subjective) and publication are out the door. Both sides (R/D) were discussing this last (2021) session.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    DE is already a shall-issue state. It is just the cumbersome process that you have to go through.

DE is already a shall-issue state. It is just the cumbersome process that you have to go through.
    Delaware is actually a May issue state so this ruling should change that to Shell issue. If the only test used to determine whether you qualify for a permit is to make sure you're not prohibited then it should streamline the process. Since the only thing that would need to happen is the background check to make sure that you're allowed to own a firearm

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    Thanks for the correction. I always thought that Delaware doesn't make it hard comparing to MD; if you have clean record, you are good to go.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Adit,

Will the SC decision have any bearing on some of the language in HB 450 and SB6/SB1 ?

None of these have been signed by the Gov yet.

HB450 - Challangeable just as MD is - when, who knows? - Assault Weapons Ban
    HB451 - Challangeable Tabled (6/16/2022) in the Senate (for now) - 21 to Purchase Req. - Senate Floor 6/28/22
    HB423 - Makes DSP SBI (like MSP in MD) Point of Contact for NICS - No Idea WTF the Republicans were thinking, all voted for it - Haven't read enough to see if it is challangeable
    HB253 - Not Challangeable - Redefines "Firearm" in DE, removes BB Guns, Adds MD's Starter Pistol BS - Out of Committee 6/15/2022
    SB6 - Challangeable - 17+ Mag Ban
    SB8 - probably not challangeable until FOPA/GCA goes away - "glock switches/auto sears" (Machine guns are already prohibited in DE) House Floor 6/28/22
    SB302 - Challangeable - Gun Store Liability BS - House Floor 6/28/22

Added links to legislation above.

SB1 is DE FMLA BS, already signed by Gov on 5/10/2022 - not 2A related. Were you thinking of another bill?

IANAL

Last edited:

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Thanks for the correction. I always thought that Delaware doesn't make it hard comparing to MD; if you have clean record, you are good to go.
    Depends where you live in DE. NCC is like MD. Sussex County is like VA. Kent County is between the two.

Generally speaking if you have a clean record you can get one. DE does ask for what reason ("Reason for Application (Be VERY Specific)" ).

Also asks if you are a US Citizen - not sure if that passes muster either.

DEVE

Jan 15, 2019
    DELMARVA
    Depends where you live in DE. NCC is like MD. Sussex County is like VA. Kent County is between the two.

Generally speaking if you have a clean record you can get one. DE does ask for what reason ("Reason for Application (Be VERY Specific)" ).

Also asks if you are a US Citizen - not sure if that passes muster either.

Sounds like DE needed this ruling.

What’s holding me up is the 5 references. I legitimately don’t know that many people I feel comfy asking to fill that stuff out.
    I might contact legal council about it.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Sounds like DE needed this ruling.

What’s holding me up is the 5 references. I legitimately don’t know that many people I feel comfy asking to fill that stuff out.
    I might contact legal council about it.
    DE is harder for permits than MD as long as your G&S in MD was ironclad. The newspaper posting, 5 references is all BS to prevent applicants. Fortunately I didn’t need their permit, my Maine one covers me there as a non-resident.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Just posted on the other thread…

id like to see a challenge on the reference part. Just because I am new or antisocial , should I be denied?

saw that New Jersey had the subjective evaluation of the references as “reputable”

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    If anyone is interested we could have a get together here in DE, put some faces to the names. It seems most people here in DE are in the South.

Something later in July/August would work for me. Maybe make it an OC (not Ocean City) event if possible.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    I didnt realize DE was so strict. From everything I'm reading, they accept Utah permit, right?

Just do UTAH and avoid all that craziness?
    If you are a non-Resident UT covers you, for now.

DE law requires itself to give Reciprocal States 1 years notice to vacate their agreement. Said notice must be posted by January 15th of the year preceding the cancellation of said agreement. https://attorneygeneral.delaware.gov/criminal/concealed-carry-deadly-weapons-ccdw/

MD didn't issue permits for years. DE did the entire time. Yes, there are hoops. They can be overcome unlike MD's past G&S battle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom