• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

spur0701

Dec 31, 2009
    Since Sen Middleton voted to end the filibuster against SB281 so that it could pass and the general consensus seems to be that he's dancing to Miller's tune......how many SCSC members are on here that would support renaming Middleton Hall?

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    Since Sen Middleton voted to end the filibuster against SB281 so that it could pass and the general consensus seems to be that he's dancing to Miller's tune......how many SCSC members are on here that would support renaming Middleton Hall?

Can I join so I can vote? Unless you have bylaws saying you cannot ask for ID, then I'm voting without joining.

mrbig381

Nov 5, 2009
    southern Md
    Been a member since 1987. I'm all for showing up at the monthly meeting and proposing we do this. Typical scumbag politicians.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life

Here (this forum) is NOT the place to be making a motion to change the name of Middleton Hall.
    (FWIW, Middleton Hall was named for Judge Middleton, "Mac" Middleton's father. He was very instrumental in the creation/start-up of
    SCSC. That is why his name is on the building. I hold NO malice towards Judge Middleton.)

FWIW, I am a member of SCSC (for 30 years!) and also a Life Member of SCSC.

I won't go into the specifics, here, but, bring your concern/motion to the BOD of SCSC and S&K Home Corporation, on March 6, 2013, at the Monthly Membership Meeting.

Mods. . . please lock this thread, and mark it as innappropriate for the forum. Thanks.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Here (this forum) is NOT the place to be making a motion to change the name of Middleton Hall.
    (FWIW, Middleton Hall was named for Judge Middleton, "Mac" Middleton's father. He was very instrumental in the creation/start-up of
    SCSC. That is why his name is on the building. I hold NO malice towards Judge Middleton.)

FWIW, I am a member of SCSC (for 30 years!) and also a Life Member of SCSC.

I won't go into the specifics, here, but, bring your concern/motion to the BOD of SCSC and S&K Home Corporation, on March 6, 2013, at the Monthly Membership Meeting.

Mods. . . please lock this thread, and mark it as innappropriate for the forum. Thanks.

How is this not the appropriate forum? He was simply searching for other SCSC members to support him in his cause to change the name. Perhaps organize people to come to the monthly meeting and have their case laid out.

byf43

How is this not the appropriate forum? He was simply searching for other SCSC members to support him in his cause to change the name. Perhaps organize people to come to the monthly meeting and have their case laid out.

Because this shouldn't be in an open forum. (This isn't a SCSC specific site!) IF you're not a member of SCSC, you have no business knowing what goes on, there. Wanna know!?!?!?!!? Join.
    SCSC has their own website, where information can be passed.

Other reasons. . . . I'll keep to face-to-face conversation.

Not trying to be confrontational, nasty or mean. Just stating facts. You don't air your dirty laundry for the whole neighborhood to see/smell.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Because this shouldn't be in an open forum. (This isn't a SCSC specific site!) IF you're not a member of SCSC, you have no business knowing what goes on, there. Wanna know!?!?!?!!? Join.

Not trying to be confrontational, nasty or mean. Just stating facts. You don't air your dirty laundry for the whole neighborhood to see/smell.

Meh. I see no problem with it. IMO if my club had an anti's last name attached to a building I would want it changed too. I was mainly confused/worried about your request to a mod to close another persons thread. In addition to your "wanna know!?!!?!?!? Join." comment many people want to know before they join. Your stance on that is really off putting to potential new members. Reminiscent of "we have to pass it to see what's in it". Just change pass to join and bingo.

byf43

Meh. I see no problem with it. IMO if my club had an anti's last name attached to a building I would want it changed too. I was mainly confused/worried about your request to a mod to close another persons thread. In addition to your "wanna know!?!!?!?!? Join." comment many people want to know before they join. Your stance on that is really off putting to potential new members. Reminiscent of "we have to pass it to see what's in it". Just change pass to join and bingo.

Let me put it this way -

How many other clubs/organizations put their 'business' on a public forum.

AGC??
    Sanner's???
    Berwyn???
    Beretta R&G???
    Stoney Creek????
    Billy Joe's Backyard Shooting Emporium???? (Sorry. Just couldn't help myself!) :)

None. I'm a member of several different forums, and I've never seen an 'open' thread/conversation about changing 'anything' inside of (whichever) club/organization.

Let's call it 'protocol' or 'sportsman's ethics'.

That's my whole point.
    Make all the motions you (meaning members) want, but, keep it inside the club.

As far as prospective members - PLEASE come and join us!
    Pass the background investigation, or have someone sponsor you (that knows you) and become one of 'us'.

We'll welcome you.

Kinbote

Aug 17, 2010
    Whatever else Judge Middleton might have done, he surely failed to raise an honest and trustworthy son. What he raised up was a gutless, cringing puppet that danced to the tune of its masters in Annapolis. How any gunowner could ever countenance the name of such a thing on any building is beyond me. I'd certainly expect Sanner's, or Berwyn, or Beretta, or Stoney Creek, or Billy Joe to take the names of any lying Quisling off of their buildings, the same way it seems common sense for SCSC to remove the dishonored, stained and tainted name on their hall.

eddy8888

Jan 28, 2013
    La Plata, Maryland
    Well come to the meeting om 3-6-13 and let see who else fells like the name should be changed. How long would it take to clean a name change and all that goes with it, from a business stand point.
    I don't think it would pass.
    Life Member of SCSC, NRA and IHMSA & several others

Andras

Aug 12, 2008
    Charles Co.

Well that post pretty much ended any interest I have in SCSC. I only live a 1/4 mile away.

byf43

Well that post pretty much ended any interest I have in SCSC. I only live a 1/4 mile away.

:shrug:

Did I say anything other than truth??? No.

Want to know what goes on, inside of an organization???? Join it.

Don't like how an organization is ran??? Run for office. Change it.

On the 'outside', looking in????? Keep looking or come inside and be a part of this fine organization.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I to am a member of SCSC and I do not support changing the name of Middleton Hall.

Andras

Aug 12, 2008
    Charles Co.
    :shrug:

Did I say anything other than truth??? No.

Want to know what goes on, inside of an organization???? Join it.

Don't like how an organization is ran??? Run for office. Change it.

On the 'outside', looking in????? Keep looking or come inside and be a part of this fine organization.

Maybe I might be interested in getting a feel for it before 'having to pass it to know what's in it'

If your attitude is common, I'll pass.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    This sounds like something best discussed by club members at a club function.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom