• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hi all,
    Just came home with second addition to my C&R family. Meet Zivia, my new (to me) P-64:

And here she is with her Czech cousin Madeleine:

Two may not be much of a collection yet, but remember I live in DC, so having two guns here (legally) is the equivalent of six in Maryland or 12 in Virginia. Registration, while still a pain, was a lot easier than last time. Thanks Emily!

Any other P-64 parents out there that have tips to share? I figure this could make a good carry gun when it comes to DC, and i think it will before there is any other changes to the registration process.

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    Ive heard the Wolff hammer springs make the double action a lot more bearable. I bought an older import that i think someone swapped the springs. It seems much smoother than the other one I have. It is very nice!

Keepshooting has new production mags.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Ive heard the Wolff hammer springs make the double action a lot more bearable. I bought an older import that i think someone swapped the springs. It seems much smoother than the other one I have. It is very nice!

Keepshooting has new production mags.

Not a lot bearable - just manageable IMHO

Still a great handgun though!

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I have a P 64 and agree with the others--get the Wolff spring pack. It's made a difference.

2nd=Good+Substantial

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    The Hereford Zone
    Make sure you get your C&R discount set up before ordering the Wolff springs. If I recall correctly , I think I got 1/3 off.

Good to hear from a DC resident. Those of us stuck under oppressive governments need to stick together.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I'm not seeing any photos, but the P64s are nice little handguns. I don't usually buy two of anything, unless they are different in some substantial way, but I liked my first P64 so much that I let one follow me home when I saw a really nice one in a shop for a good price. I suspect they'll go up in value about 25% a year, but even if they don't, you can still enjoy it.

DA on the things are poo, but they fire great in SA, and springs are cheap. That's supposed to improve the DA pull substantially.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Make sure you get your C&R discount set up before ordering the Wolff springs. If I recall correctly , I think I got 1/3 off.

Good to hear from a DC resident. Those of us stuck under oppressive governments need to stick together.

1/3 off is correct, and if you're getting a C & R license, you'll be using that discount OFTEN! :D

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Thanks everyone. As far as the springs go, are they hard to do, or should I entrust a smith?

Here's the photos again.

That's a nice pair of C&R pistols, Darth. The P-64 appears to already be going up in price--I noted about a 15% jump in them this year. People are realizing that it's a very well made piece that's comparable in size to a Walther PPK. It's not the sort of gun that you'll want to pump 500 rounds through in an afternoon, nor is it what you want to compete with at 25 yards, but it can sure hit close enough to where you'd need it to at the distances you'd most likely have to use a CCW or home defense piece.

I refer to mine as being little snappin' turtles.

The other great buy right now is the CZ (vz.) 82. That's another well-made piece that shoots right where you want it to and doesn't beat you up in the process. You have to ignore the "plasticky feeling" grips when you first get one. You can always store them safely away and put on some nice hardwood for everyday use. The first impression those grips give isn't a fair representation of how good the pistol really is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom