Second Amendment March April 19 Any Interest?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    I'll probably be able to make the march.

Just thinking out loud and scratching my head and definitely just sayin'...but a march on Tuesday, March 2nd could have had so much more emphasis, press coverage, etc, etc, etc....just IMHO...

That would be a good date...
    I'm up for going if I can get the day off.
    Maybe set up an SOMD car pool? PAX river to DC.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    I feel very strongly about this, its an opportunity to join in a national movement and communicate to our 5K plus members.
    To be honest, I'm surprised at the lack of interest from this forum, being that its going to be happening in our own back yard. I suppose that its just a symptom of people placing other things above in importance, but when I see hundreds interested in the Frostbite Shoot and less than a dozen interested in this kind of event, it quite frankly makes me want to move to another State. I realise we are all victims of circumstance and may not be able to attend, and there has been some ridicule as to the ability of the event to be a success, but shouldn't we all be trying to make this kind of thing a success?
    :mad54:

I know how you feel as that is how I felt after the 2A rally in Annapolis a couple of weeks ago.

To be honest this has been back burner for the mods and I as we've been busy gearing up for our local battles, among other things. We are a finite resource that is already over-burdened. I added the link to their site on the homepage a few months ago to hopefully remind people that this event is on the horizon, but it would be great if a member or two would take the reigns on this one and get people stirred up. I'll do what I can to assist and promote, so please let me know what you need. I sent a message to the organizers of this march a few months ago telling them the same thing and never heard back. Either way, I agree with you that this HAS to get some traction or it is going to be a black eye for the 2A community.

13mogul

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2009
    Yes, but I was trying to drop a not so subtle hint to the coordinator following this thread that there is a broken link on the site. A VERY important broken link since there is no telling how many sites were linking to those files that are now nonexistent. They need to fix it.

I know how you feel as that is how I felt after the 2A rally in Annapolis a couple of weeks ago.

To be honest this has been back burner for the mods and I as we've been busy gearing up for our local battles, among other things. We are a finite resource that is already over-burdened. I added the link to their site on the homepage a few months ago to hopefully remind people that this event is on the horizon, but it would be great if a member or two would take the reigns on this one and get people stirred up. I'll do what I can to assist and promote, so please let me know what you need. I sent a message to the organizers of this march a few months ago telling them the same thing and never heard back. Either way, I agree with you that this HAS to get some traction or it is going to be a black eye for the 2A community.

I understand the limit of personal time you all need to focus on our "local" battles. As a business owner, I realise how hard it is to get away and spend time on these issues. But, not in deference to our State fights, this is an important national event. We need to show some semblance of solidarity, and support, not deride, this particular effort, which has incidentally been in the making since the election.
    Maybe a MDS "banner" in support of this event would help garner some additional support?
    I would offer to pay people to show up for this but that would be too much like ACORN.

Sep 16, 2009
    Any additional interest in a Dillon Charter Bus trip from Aberdeen to Washington for the Second Amendment March on April 19? Would cost $22 a person if we can get at least 40 people.

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    I won't be able to get 2 days off so I'm still trying to decide if this or the Tea Party is a better use of my time. I had thought the march would be bigger news than it is appearing to be by this point in time.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    DD has pointed out that this national march has to meet certain expectations. It has to out perform any anti gun gathering that has ever occurred in the capital.

I, for one, have no intentions of missing it. But---There needs to be a lot more publicity that's for sure.

Anyone up for a double feature? Appleseed and Second Amendment March?

April 19th is a special time.

13mogul

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2009
    I'll be there along with 3 others. I think its going to be alot bigger than some people predict. As is typical with events such as these, the preceding month will be the best time to encourage participation and generate more interest. I don't think "outmarching" the anti-gun crowd will be a problem, and I've seen interest with people who don't even own guns. This is about preserving our way of life.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I'll be there along with 3 others. I think its going to be alot bigger than some people predict. As is typical with events such as these, the preceding month will be the best time to encourage participation and generate more interest.

That's basically what we came up with in a discussion in our super secret Admin forum.

The same thing happens with the big Mdshooters events at Delmarva; there's no point in trying to rally people 5 months ahead of time; everybody will say "hell yeah" without the slightest clue what will be happening in their lives so far in the future.

We can pimp the crap out of this thing right now, but I won't take anybody's commitment too seriously until a week before the event.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Any additional interest in a Dillon Charter Bus trip from Aberdeen to Washington for the Second Amendment March on April 19? Would cost $22 a person if we can get at least 40 people.

From Aberdeen you can take MARC right into town (to as subway station that can take you to the Mall). Might be a good idea to all try to catch the same train so you fill the same car with y'all. Tickets are $10 to DC ($20 round trip-) and maybe another $4 round trip by Metro subway (cheaper if you take Metro bus, but IMO not worth it.

By the way, you can drink on MARC, on the way back it might be cocktail time. ;)

Sep 16, 2009
    From Aberdeen you can take MARC right into town (to as subway station that can take you to the Mall). Might be a good idea to all try to catch the same train so you fill the same car with y'all. Tickets are $10 to DC ($20 round trip-) and maybe another $4 round trip by Metro subway (cheaper if you take Metro bus, but IMO not worth it.

By the way, you can drink on MARC, on the way back it might be cocktail time. ;)

Does the MARC train go to Union Station? How far is Union Station from the Washington Monument? Walking distance? I know nothing about these trains. I have never been on one but it probably is better than a bus from Aberdeen.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Does the MARC train go to Union Station? How far is Union Station from the Washington Monument? Walking distance? I know nothing about these trains. I have never been on one but it probably is better than a bus from Aberdeen.

Yes, it does go to Union station. Union station is not real close to the monumeent, but you can hop on Metro rail at Union station and go three stops and be pretty close to the Monument (IIRC it is about a ten minute walk from Metro Center Metro station.)

Another possibility is to take MARC to New Carrolton and then take the Orange line all the way to the Mall at the Smithsonian or Federal Triangle stations which are actually on the mall to save some time walking, but it might actually take longer in the long run compared to just taking MARC to Union station and taking the Red line (Towards Shady Grove) to the Metro Center station and walking dues South (and then due West when you arrive on the Mall).
    DC subway system to the Mall is excellent andf might actually be more convenient that a charter bus IMHO. However a charter bus is much more comfortable than Metro (not much more than MARC though) and can be a whole lot less crowded (standing room only during big protests or during morning and afternoon for the areas near center of town on Metro).

http://www.mtamaryland.com/services/marc/schedulesSystemMaps/penn.cfm
    http://www.wmata.com/rail/maps/map.cfm

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom