• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JRSMD

Sep 4, 2013
    Derwood
    Looking for recommendations on what everyone is using to secure a handgun in a vehicle. Would like it to be able to hod a full-size. Appreciate any recommendations.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Thanks for the reply. I read the description and it says keys are they like TSA keys where one fits every TSA lock?

What it says is “This large size personal security safe offers 2X capacity* and meets TSA Airline Checked Bag Firearm Guidelines”

You lock. You keep the key.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    If you are looking to save space this is the next size down, but should still fit your firearm.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    Dodge Ram and an older Acura TL
    I have a Console Vault in my new TRX and it works well. You can raise or lower the mounting position somewhat to your needs. One of the portable cable lock boxes as suggested above would work for the TL. Console Vault is currently running a sale.

Good luck

LAC_MD

Oct 18, 2022
    Towson
    I have a Console Vault in my new TRX and it works well. You can raise or lower the mounting position somewhat to your needs. One of the portable cable lock boxes as suggested above would work for the TL. Console Vault is currently running a sale.

Good luck

I second the console vault.. love mine…

BartExp

Ultimate Member
    If you are looking to save space this is the next size down, but should still fit your firearm.

I misspoke above, I actually have the 1 of the larger and 1 of the smaller. BTW, the keys are different, not one fits all.

Estirpe

Nov 22, 2018
    I have one of these in each car in case I have to lock-up a gun temporarily.

[URL Tha kunfurl="true"]https://www.harborfreight.com/large-personal-portable-security-safe-57999.html[/URL]

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    How secure are these console safes? Can they be pryed open with a simple screw driver? I’m just wondering if its much better than the locking glove compartment in my F150.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Thanks for the reply. I read the description and it says keys are they like TSA keys where one fits every TSA lock?
    The keys are different. If you plan to buy more than 1 and want matching keys, the key code is on the side of the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JonWayneCampbell

Latest threads

Top Bottom